diaper rash

edited August 2011 in Babies
Wats good for dem

Comments

• I don't know if you have this brand (I'm in Canada) but it's called Barrier Cream. My son had baaaaaaaad diaper rashes and it really was the only cream that worked for us. :)
  • Corn starch is good also butt paste aveno diaper rash cream
  • I dnt think they have it im in sanfrancisck :(
  • Desitin burned my daughter worse... I live on A&D... She didn't even flinch when I pit it on her.
  • @Oavalos06 thats the one im using but it seems like its nt gettnng better
  • my sons pediatrician said to try rinsing his booty in warm running water instead of wiping. he got diaper rash so bad when he was real young it looked like i sat his naked self on my oven burner it scabbed n peeled ooo it was bad. obviously u won't always be able to do that when your out or u won't wanna when your doing middle of the night changes (i sure didn't want to) but even replacing a couple changes a day with rinsing will help. n make sure he's completely dry before rediapering, NO BABY POWDER, and constant diaper cream helps. i really liked the target brand up'n'up just cuz its texture is creamy-est but if u look at ingredients they're pretty much all the same unless u get some $20 cream. hope this helps GL
  • Butt paste on the baby isle
  • My son is now 2 1/2yrs old and I put Vaseline on him every time I changed his diaper and he's never had diaper rash. I've been doing the same so far with my daughter who is now 2 1/2mnths and hopefully it works for her also :)
  • Butt paste is the only one I use!! :)
  • Desitin original or a&d *not the creamy junk* was just about all that would work on my son. If your bfing have you tried running water instead of wipes then applying some breastmilk? I haven't tried but I've heard good things
  • Plain ol zinc oxide cream..its super cheap. I work in a pharmacy and we special order it..the grocery store that were in doesnt stock it.
  • If its from his poop u can put malox on it it helps decrease the acid weird but works
  • I only use Butt paste...only thing that has worked for my kids and its what their pediatrician recommended
  • Breast milk!!!! U can add one or two bags in the water when u bath ur baby...good luck ;-)
  • I mix zinc oxide cream w hydrotisone cream and target brand antibiotic pain relieving ointment Max strength ... (tried everything w both children )

Breastmilk in bath does help soothe skin irritations.

As does aquaphore (misspelled) super good but can get pricey use to use it on my hands and lips also when they would chap and crack open.

Make sure to let them air out, and my doc told me as well about the rinsing off the tooshy he said too u could just get a washcloth and squeeze the water into the old diaper as well.

Vaselined protects against diaperrash so once its gone keep their tooshys lathered in it! And its a bonus its cheap as well!! :)

Hope some of that helped :)

• Air. Let um be naked!