Help! Colic!

edited August 2011 in Babies
My son will be three weeks on Friday and has really bad gas. He is ok some days but he usually wakes up at least once a day and will stay up for 3-4 hours screaming or being very fussy. It breaks my heart knowing that I tried everything & can't soothe him. Has anyone went through this? How long did it last & what helped relieve the colic/gas?

Comments

• What kind of bottles are u, using
  • Ventaire or drop in bottles may help. And little tummys gripe water or has drops are amazing!!!! The gripe water for colic/hick ups clears my sons hick ups up so fast its awesome stuff.
  • & if u r formula feeding ur baby could need lactose free
  • @preggointx I am using the ventaire bottles & doctor said its colic :(

@aydonsmommy I tried little tummys gas relief drops and they didn't work. My poor baby.
  • Try switching to drop ins, see if there is an improvement
  • Have you tried the "tiger in a tree" or swaddling your baby? My boy is two weeks and both have helped.
  • My second son had colic. He would cry from 9 pm to 4 am. I was a zombie n my other son was only 18 months and my husband left for basic training. Even if he wasnt gassy he still cried. It has more to do with the baby having a more sensitive temperment than other babies. My son would get rashes easier and has allergies. when he has the same cold as his brother he usually reacts worse. Nothing really helps, you can try gripe water, mylicon drops, some one even told me a few drops of whiskey in their bottle at night(never tried that one, i was too scared) age is really what improves it. By 6 months he was sleeping well. Good luck, from 3weeks to 3 months are rough.
  • But he would stop crying for a little if someone was standing with him, i dont know why but my legs and back took a beating.
  • My sons colic is finally going away @ 3 months. I had to put my daughter on soy hers was so bad.
  • I bought this stuff called colic calm.. I made a post about it, ill tag ur name in it..
  • My dr thought my son had colic..then decided it was reflux...even though he wasn't spitting up. .just sounded congested after eating really fussy n looked like he was chocking...they out him on zantac...he's a new baby ....he was screaming all day before that
  • Ok so the doctor switched his formula to enfamil gentlease. I saw an improvement but now all of a sudden he spits up all the time, fussy while he's feeding, and still crys alot just not as much. He is 6 weeks now. I have no idea whats wrong. I was thinking he may have relux now and maybe I should try soy formula because thats what formula I had to put my daughter on. I guess I will just have to consult his pediatrician.
  • I use wellements gripe water for colic... noticed a HUGE improvement. My poor girl hates to poo and toot... she'll fuss BIG time as she struggles. Now, she hardly ever toots, poos with ease, burps so much easier, and sleeps easier. And I only have to give her 1 ml in her formula (as opposed to the 2.5 recommended) in her nighttime feedings.