Anyone not wash their babies clothes & it turn out ok?

I planned on not washing I know ur suppose to for allergy purposes but I really don't want to does anyone have a success story with not washing them first or a horror story associated with not washing them before they r born?

Comments

• edited August 2011
    I wouldn't risk it. I just think of all the dirty hands who have touched them and in the process of going from the warehouses to the stores. I don't even wear things unless I've washed them. May I ask why you don't want to wash them? I'm sure nothing horrible would happen though but I'm not sure.
  • I assume u mean not washing new cloths from the store? If that's the case ther was several outfit I had jus took the tags off an put on my son an evrythng was fine. :)
  • edited August 2011
    Why would you not wash the clothing? I just think if all of those people touching each piece, dropping it on some floor in Malaysia or Indonesia... One shirt can be handled by five or six people who get paid a dollar out two a day. Have you ever seen video from the garment factories? It would make you run to the laundromat.
  • Lol I never washed my bbys clothes...onesis yes clothes no! They are doing just fine!
  • @breewashinton08 thanks
    @Kcike812 my dryer is broken kinda it dries with no heat but everything is all wrinkley & it changes the quality my sons clothes r all name brand & I want to keep the quality but I also don't want him breaking out
  • Until pregly I never heard of that everyone just puts clothes on a baby & I haven't heard bad stories but everyone on pregly mostly seem to b pro washers
  • Ooohhhh maybe try a laundry mat or even air dry? I'm such a germ freak so I wouldn't do it. I also have super sensitive skin. Maybe wash the onesies and everything else but hold off on the nice outfits.
  • Ur welcome girl. I guess I cld see why people wash them 1st, but I've bought cloths an wore them without washin them 1st. I've nevr really gave it much thought.
  • Yea me either I didn't plan on washing at first cuz even his onesies r name brand :(
  • I Washed All My Son's This Past Weekend & They All Shrunk. So Next Time We Shop For Him, i Will Not Wash His Clothes! The Newborn Clothes Look Like They Are For Premies. 0-3 Months Look Like They Are Newborn. :/
  • I never wash clothes. Main reasoning is you buy so much and you cant return anything if its washed already. My sons did fine and thr new baby will be fine too. Unless its underwear i dont wash it before i wear it either.
  • You try on clothes at the store that arent washed but you cant wear them for a few hours?
  • @sjmom ABSOLUTELY RIGHT. That's my main reason for not washing!
  • Thanks ladies for your input it is all helpful
  • I'm not washing mine
  • edited August 2011
    i only wash her small clothes like newborn and 0-3..i just hung dry everything...reasoning of washing is not just the fact of hands...and hands touching them..but they smell like the store..or could have some kind of chemicals. ..BUT i don't wash my sons new clothes he's 4..i should..but i don't.. he's fine.
    i think when there young..you never know how there skin will react
  • I don't wash any of my daughters clothes before putting them on her. She is 3, almost 4 and she is just fine. I've never washed my clothes first either and I'm fine. I don't plan on washing them first this time around either. We might as well live a bubble because these days nothing is good for us.
  • What's the difference in washing before or after he wears them? I mean, you're gonna wash his name brand clothes eventually, right?
  • I never washed.my kids clothes.they are.all perfectly fine, second one had excema.but.i think its perths.water.cause he only had hand me.downs my daughters clothes are all new not a problem
  • I bought name brand clothes for my children as newborns and I still washed them. I think there is to many germs floating around not to wash them. I just picture someone sneezing in their hands and then touch a newborn outfit and it just so happened to be the one I purchase. You never know. It's not a rule saying you have to wash them but It's just my personal preference. Maybe try letting them air dry. Good luck mommy :)
  • I never washed my new clothes either unless underwear and onsies. My two turned out just fine and this one will too. We r so preoccupied with germs these days but kids have to be exposed to germs to build immunities, I don't sterilize bottles, carry antibacterial cleaner with me when going out of the home. My kids have no allergies, and have been rarely sick. Everyone has their own take on it, just follow whatfeels right
  • I never washed my babies cloths, unless they were used. My sweet boy turned out fine & I dont plan on washing them this time either!
  • @lilpeapod913 I was wondering the same thing
  • Anything new i get b4 anybody wears it or uses after the store, i bring it hm immediately and wash it, bc i have heard from to many ppl and have had it to me that clothes, bedding, or anything else in my area can have bedbugs on them. It doesn't even hit the floor we come and start to the washer w the hot cycle i can get and then dry it 2 or 3 times.
  • edited August 2011
    I totally agree with @blueberrysmom! Those are the exact reasons I wash everything first...the thought of all the people handling one item of clothing makes me puke in my mouth a little...Haha...jus' sayin' ;)
  • Alot of clothes come in containers on ships from overseas...all those containers have to get fumigated before entering the US. I personally don't risk it..I wash everything first
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I didn't wash anything but the bedding, she's 3 weeks 2 days n nothing wrong with her. I thought u had to wash them but my mom, hubby mom, n both r grandparents said they didn't so maybe its just mostly overprotective. Americans worry too much about that a little germs n dirt us good for a baby otherwise they're gna b sensitive to everything!
  • Lol, I'm actually in the middle of washing all my baby's clothes today. For me, I have sensitive skin. Babies are even more so, so I figure if she takes after me, better start her out in clean clothes. They have starched and what not to makes clothes look almost perfect when you buy them, so that combined with thinking about the nasty gross people touching and sneezing and coughing on them... Man I wanna puke! I know people who dont and their babies were fine though (except my nice, she got the sensitive skin that runs on my sister and my side if the family!). :) Maybe at minimum, was a couple outfits so if there is a reaction, you have something for him to wear until the easy is washed. That way you are set either way :)