what's the deal with smoking weed?

Comments

• @salasmommy I bet she does! But the weed may not have caused it. No offense but often people look for a reason or something to blame ya know? Not meaning that in a bad way. My cousin just sits and scrapes her brain trying to figure out what she did wrong .. she didn't do anything wrong it just happened. But im sorry that happened to your family. I mean my bf brother told me my baby is gonna have down syndrome cuz Jimmy my bf smoked weed... he never smoked around me not even cigs. I put him in his place! Lol don't let your sis blame herself forever. That's a horrible burden.
  • My sister smoked pot during her first few months of pregnacy. She went into preterm labor and my nephew was born 1lb and 5oz. He was in the nicu for almost a year and went throught multiple surgeries. He's just fine now, but he is small and has behavorial issues. She still smokes pot around him, even though he gets breathing treatments for lung issues. In my opinion, pot and babies should never go hand in hand. With all the things that can go wrong during pregnancy, why add on to the risks?
  • My first post was a story my sis told me. And for the woman to keep found what killed her first child makes her a very stupid selfish person. If het child was fine then oh well but no it died! So for her to smoking while pregnant is selfish and stupid on this woman and I don't want to hear het shinning of something goes who g this time
  • @kara_lamek yeah I know what you mean about blaming yourself. But I know some women get lucky who smoke weed ciggs and drink alcohol take street drugs and since babies are ok they think its ok to do it. it is scientifically proven It cuts oxygen from ur baby. and baby store at riskier birth defects
  • I wasn't trying to be rude..
  • Ps. Ds is not caused by weed ... its a chromesone thing... my baby im pregnant with might have it. I flu.d out from genetic testing
  • I personally am not a fan of the idea, but I can think of so many cultural things that people do that others would consider outrageous. I learned from missionaries that in some countries they put straight up coffee in their babies bottles. And we've known people from India who give their babies food that is so spicy it made my hubby (who likes spicy) poop fire.

I definitely wouldn't recommend weed, but to each his own. I have my own problems. I probably eat too much junk food and caffeine.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @salasmommy I just stay away from everything except Tylenol pm cuz without it id never sleep! Lol my sister did a lot worse drugs than weed while prego. She didn't know and when she found out she quit. She still smokes weed but not in front of my nephew and it's recreational. My mom will always smoke.. not to get high cuz she's a hippie but for her disease. It helps her forget about the pain for a bit. She can't take any kind of pain relievers cuz they make her sick so Idc what she does I don't live with her Haha I guess I was lucky I didn't come out all messed up from my moms decision.
  • @mandac10 I know weed can'ttake cause ds. His brother is an idiot. Just a plain old asshole. Lol. I hope your baby doesn't. Good luck!

@mommy2isaiahngiselle is that based on someone who gets completely baked or as I stated previously about how my mom used while prego. 1 or 2 hits before a meal and that was it? And I know what mental withdrawals are I've seen people go through them. But I never seen weed do anything if they quit. All the things you listed above come with any withdrawal off a drug for a baby just about.. i'm not one to support smoking or taking pills while prego or not I just am curious. Where did you find this scientifically proven information? I never had withdrawals as a baby.. I was just attached to my mom very much so Haha.
  • Smoking weed is like.passing the baby some weed. Even though the risks are unknown, why risk it at all? The smell of weed smoke made ny nausea worse. But anyways why risk it.
  • @mommy2isaiahngiselle dang your name takes forever to type! Lol but I was just wondering. Could asthma possibly be problem after birth? Like temporary asthma the kind you grow out of? Idk I think that how little my mom used ..like twice a day probably didn't affect me as much as if she would have got completely stoned. That's just my opinion. None of us know for sure anyway I was just curious as to what formed your opinion is all:) at least google didn't create it for you lol Soooo much misleading and made up stuff on there lol
  • I've tutored elementry school through graduate level math for 12 years. In my experience, the most prominent side effects of in utero thc exposure are processing disorders. This may not sound serious in the whole scope of birth defects. However, its absolutely heart-breaking to watch a 10-year-old struggle with 2nd grade math concepts, when you know she should know the answer (because you just reviewed the concept) but it takes her 5x as long as it should to speak or write the solution.

I've only observed this high rate of processing disorders in kids whose mothers were moderate to heavy smokers.
  • Oh what's tulonal pm n y haunt I been told of this magic sleeping pill us pregos can take?
  • Stupid phone... o hope u all understand my last post
  • @Math_Mommy by heavy smokers r u meaning pot or ciggs?
  • @mandac10 its the only thing my dr said was ok to take. Lol makes you sleep so good! Do you live in the us?
  • edited August 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I stand corrected... :^o this lady was smoking cigarettes not pot that my sis knows of... sorry for the wrong info I apologize! My bad! I was misinformed! But really how can one be worse then the other? U would think pot be worse cause u get high its not filtered n the smoke seems thicker n more potent... idk though
  • @mommy2isaiahngiselle it was just a thought lol I didn't know if you would know lol

@math_mommy I heard weed affects the part of the brain that does math but idk if that's true. I was in all advanced math in school and took pre-calculus/statistics my senior year. I guess it all varies on how heavily and regularly used it was. Idk.
  • Lol ya! I live on Oahu its a island in Hawaii sometimes I feel I live in a different country! Its so strange here! Lol!
  • @kara_lamek shoot i was young and still am use to smoke and lice it but I've changed and have Jake now hey you never told me about ur dream
  • Ya. I was a heavy smoker I recs.fly stopped.never been much of a pot smoker. My husbands mom smoked a bunch of weed pregnant. My husband was a small baby and a little guy now had cancer at a young age and drum roll please.... sucks at MATH! ha! Lol! Oh she also smoked ciggs and probably drank