What worked for u to induce labor

edited August 2011 in Third Trimester
Ok so I am done wanna induce labor now that I am full term what worked for u?

Comments

• Nothing lol and I did everything but castor oil and nipple stimulation. I was a week over and was induced at the hospital, that still almost didnt work lol
  • Oh man that sucks I am so ready to meet him I guss its when he's ready
  • Bump ** cause I wanna know!! :bz
  • Me to let me know please
  • Bump bump!
  • I want to know to forwhen the time comes!!!
  • Sex walking and the night my water broke I was dancing and laughing a lot
  • Sex and walking worked 2 times for me
  • My friend induced with castor oil, it worked for her...she drank 4oz, started cleaning then after few hours the diareah started and she vomited too. After that contractions started up so she went on a walk, took bath when she got home and contractions stayed strong, went to hospital and had home few hours later
  • Had him, not home sorry....anyway I'm done too and I found put she weighs about 8 lbs already but they won't induce for another 2 weeks....I hav big babies, over 9lbs....so I just drank castor oil bout an hour ago, nothing yet but I will keep u posted
  • Nothing has worked for me I've been doing everything except sex and castor oil... my bf is out of town
  • So can u get castor oil anywhere? And how does it work
  • edited August 2011
    OK just so everyone knows there is two types of Castro oil and castrol oil... one is for cars and ones is like a laxative ... so please ladies do not buy the car one and drink it... I may sound stupid bit I've read of some people doing this
    ... please GET The laxative
    DO NOT GET THE CAR CASTROL OIL! DO NOT NOT NOT NOT!
    THANK YOU. ;;)
  • It's in the pharmacy section by the laxatives. Cvs and walmart were out so I bought it at kroger

• So I took it about 2 hrs ago and it has kicked in....don't stray far from toilet
  • So I took it about 2 hrs ago and it has kicked in....don't stray far from toilet
  • Castor oil is not cooking oil.....its a laxative! Lol but nothing worked for me except pitocin.
  • @mommyoftwoprincesses I don't know much about it cause I don't plan on using .. I was told it was cooking oil,but whatever I just don't want women drinking the car type of castrol oil.
  • @mommyoftwoprincesses thank you tho I edited the post.
  • @jay_brad I wasn't meaning to sound rude at all hun, sorry if I was. Don't worry I thought when I was pregnant with my first people were drinking car oil!! I honestly didn't know what it was at all until I was pregnant with my second :)
  • Read my birth story! =)
  • @mommyoftwoprincesses thanks for telling me so I could change the post. I just wanted women to know there is two types! Cause let's face it some women are not all too bright and might try the car castrol oil LOL.
  • @jay_brad lol I know, honestly people kept telling me to try it and I was like, are you trying to kill me by drinking car oil!!
  • @mommyoftwoprincesses heck no... LOL! I'm so jealous of you you've already had your baby! :X
  • @jay_brad time goes by too fast when they're out! I miss being pregnant!! My girls are 19 months and almost 3 months.
  • @dmaciel I walked while pushing my 2 yo in stroller and I used an exercise ball. Hope it helps the day after I started using the ball, mind you I bounced and sat while rotating hips on it all day that night and next day til my doc appointment, my water broke after doc checked my cervix. Hope it works for you! :)
  • @mommyoftwoprincesses I want my little man here! Did you take epo?
  • edited August 2011
    @jay_brad actually I did! It helped me thin out and dilate but didn't put me in labor, of course I started it a week before I was induced so it might help you ladies!!