Questions!

edited August 2011 in Pregnant
So I'm having my amnio next Tuesday to check lung maturity. I will be 36weeks exactly. What are the chances of it being mature enough to deliver?? Thanks for all the info!
@homebirthadvocate ??

Comments

• Sorry can't help, but here is a bump
  • With steroids, a good chance. 37 wks is considered full term
  • Thanks, yeah @sissylala I had the steriods at 27weeks so I hope that they can go ahead and deliver because otherwise I would be on magnesium for another weeks- I've been on it for over two weeks now!
  • I don't know for sure...37 weeks is full-term. I have a friend that had her baby at 34+2 and he was breathing fine in his own...no issues..but, she did get the steroids shots for lung growth. Another friend of mind had her daughter at 36+3 and also had no issues and never had the shot.
  • Why do you want to deliver early?
  • it can go either way! at 36 i would say baby's not ready. but you never know.
  • @DreaMaria yeah, that's really good for those babies lol. And I hope Rylie is the same way(:
    @gladiator007 I have a placental abruption and I have been having constant contractions since 27weeks, but am on magnesium, procardia, and brethine to stop the labor. But I cannot have any more contractions because each time I do my placenta tears more so they need to get her out as soon as it is healthy for her.
    @survivormommie3 haha, yes well I hope she is so that she won't have to spend too long of time in the NICU.
  • I had my baby at 36 weeks. We came home the next day. :)
  • Pretty good
  • @Fate yay, i hope that is how it is for me lol! My goal was to get to 28weeks, then once we hit 32 weeks, my goal has been zero NICU time lol. Now I just hope my little girl can stay with her mama and not with strange doctors poking her to death!! :( yikes, it sounds terrible to just type!!!! Well, congrats on your baby and your success with everything!
    @bummy87 Hope so!!! (:
  • :) Good luck! Maybe she will stay in a bit longer just for mommy!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.