im drying up i think

edited August 2011 in Breastfeeding
My milk finally came in, I've been pumping, well I've been super stressed and busy for 2 days now. I have only been able to pump once a day, so I came to pump now (more than 24 hrs since the last pumping) I'm getting very little flow. HELP! WHAT CAN I DO TO BRING IT BACK? My baby has a few problems and it has been stressed to me how important my milk is for him.
@homebirthadvocate any suggestions?

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @ashleyfew my baby has been in the hospital 2x with 48 hrs, his first doctors appt., my first postpartum to remove my staples, he had to go have EXTENSIVE blood tests as well so. Most of my last 48+ hrs have been spent in and out of hospitals
  • I def agree start taking fenugreek and possibly drinking the tea Mothers Milk to help get milk going. Try to pump in between nursing sessions to help stimulate production. Even if you aren't getting much milk keep going. The more stimulation the more your body thinks you need it and will produce more. Best of luck %%-
  • Agree with everyone. Pump pump pump. Make sure you're eating/drinking well and take fenugeek, mothers milk tea..ect..
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Thank u ladies
  • This is the last stress I need right now!!
  • Where can u get the mother's milk tea??

@Bahamamama4828
    @ashleyfew
    @jadelman0211
  • I got it at the GNC store.
  • Its also where I got the fenugreek pills.
  • ya gnc or any other healthfoods store or just order online
  • I'm bumping my own thread for more advice....

new question has anyone else gone through this, and had positive results???
  • My milk production slowed way down early after my son was born, about when he was 6 weeks. I had stopped taking my prenatal. So make sure you are still taking that. I also started taking the fenugreek pills and was able to keep nursing and pumping until he was 6 months old and he didn't want anything to do with it.
  • @jadelman0211 OK I just purchased the fenugreek. How do I take it? The bottle says 1-2 a day but others on here say like take 3 tablets 3x a day. Any side effects? How long does it takes to work? This is really important BC my baby is only a wks old and was premature

Thank u for your help
  • Also I guess the mg matters... its 610 mg
  • I took 2 pills 3 times a day. If you don't smell like syrup up it to 3 pills. Only side effect I know was smelling like maple syrup. It works pretty quick. Its been a while since I took it my son is 2.5 now. I want to say you could see results be tonight tomorrow at the latest. Just keep pumping every hour to 2 hours. I would say about 15 mins per side. %%- god luck!
  • Thank u thank u thank u
    I took 3 so I guess I will pump in an HR or so. I think I pumped around 8-830
  • I to am loosing my suply. And would like to see if this works. Please keep us updated on what happens. :)
  • Advice from my doula and lactation consultant: almonds, oatmeal, brewers Yeast are all lactogens and can help stimulate milk production. Also, fenugreek is helpful too. You can get it in a tea, pill, or tincture. They rec the tincture. You can find it at Whole Foods or any health food store. Also, breastfeed often. It's a simple supply and demand situation. The more they feed the more you make. Try to feed at least every 2 hours to get the factory going.

Hope this helps!
  • Yes please update on how it works for you! I hope you have success! %%- %%-%%-%%-%%-%%-%%-%%-%%-
  • I was just curious how things were going for you and your milk production. @soon2b3
  • still poor :'(
  • I started fenugreek yesterday 3 pills 3 times a day I smell like maple syrup today I just pumped and only got an ounce we will see how the rest of today goes
  • @kandc1015 yea I haven't been so lucky. :'(
    @Jadelman0211 still not better. Its the same
  • @soon2b3 yeah some other ladies on my post earlier said that it took about a week to work for them so we will see
  • Oh thank u so much! @tiff87124
  • Pump every 2 hours, drink atleast 24oz of water, drink one beer a day, and relax. Stress makes its dry up
  • I will try that starting tomorrow. @tiff87124

@snreda I've heard of the beer thing, however, do u then have to pump and dump