what were you doing when your water broke?

edited August 2011 in Labor
I was just wondering? any one have any good stories they would like to share????
:)

Comments

• i would like to know as well... BUMP
  • I had just gone to bed and was feeling fine. All of the sudden my son kicked me really hard and I actually heard a POP sound! I asked my husband if he had heard it, but he said he didn't... I laid in bed wondering what was that and decided to go to the bathroom, but as soon as I sat up it started gushing!! So my husband ran to get towels and my contractions started immediately and got very intense fast! I had my son 4.5 hours later.... this was almost 5 years ago, I wonder how it will happen with this baby :-)
  • With my first I happend when I was sleeping. I woke up and I thought I peed the bed until I got up and water was gushing out.
  • I wonder if it mostly happens when we r in bed?? Most of the girls i knw that their water broke it happened when they were in bed.. lets see how many here had the same experience
  • Sleeping when my first broke, getting the mail when my second broke, and at a redlight when my third broke
  • Every night when i wake up to go pee i am scared that my water might break when i stand up from my bed! Lol but i guess its better then it happening in public?!
  • @lala123 i read online that it usually breaks when you are relaxed. that's why a lot are happening when the mommy is either in bed, on the couch, or in the bath tub!
  • Dr had to break mine while i was in labor!!
  • @snreda so your water has broke 3 times!? Thats nice to knw when it is time to go to the hospital! Lol i have no idea if i should go in or not when i get pains since its my first and my doctor wont check me till i am 38 weeks so idk if i am starting to progress yet..
  • Really?? Thats good to knw! I am going to stay relaxed from now on!!! Lol
  • Wow these are some good stories!!!! I'm relieved to hear that so far, no one has had crazy stories of it happening while shopping in the mall or something! :)
  • @usafwife_21 i know right! makes me feel a little relief incase it happens to me
  • My mothers broke in her sleep. So one more point for the relaxing idea :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I was laying on the couch trying to watch the last episode of spartacus for the 2nd time and I felt like I peed myself but I had to pee but I didn't push so I got up to go to the bathroom and more came out and I'm thinking now I know I didn't push anything out. I got to the bathroom door and more came out I went to the bathroom as I'm going more is coming out and come out put a pad on its soaked in 5sec.
    Just to say I still haven't seen the last episode.
  • edited August 2011
    let's see....
    with my first (january 2005) I was laying in bed on a wednesday night. I was thinking to myself that i was hungry and it would suck if my water broke because they said dont eat before you come in. so i rolled myself out of bed @10p and POP...gush, splash and a whooooooooole lot of leaking. 20 hrs later our first daughter was born.
    with my second (may 2006) I was sitting in the living room with a seriously cranky 15 month old (my husband was cuddling her- she wouldn't sleep) and just got done eating some ice cream. i was getting up to put my bowl in the dishwasher and POP- i flung my bowl (i cant even remember what i did with it or anything) but i bolted for the bathroom that was across the house. I made it to the potty and everything *go me* it all gushed out- no leaking, and we called my parents to come get our daughter. 9 hrs later our son was born... most ironic part- it too was a wednesday- @ 10p!!!!
    im just awaiting this little bugger's arrival- stubborn girl!
    can someone pray for me right now??!?!?!!? it IS a wednesday and it's almost 10p!!!! :D
  • @YAYA thats funny! Lol.. that u havent been able to whatch the whole thing! Maybe one day that u r flipping through the channels not even thinking about watching it u will get to watch the whole thing!
  • Lmao I know right! I was so mad but happy at the same time.
  • @survivormommie3 lets hope it happens for u today!!! Lots of labor dust!!! And send some my way too because i am waiting very impaciently for him to come out! I think i am even getting deppresed because idk what is going on down there!:/
  • I was sleeping when it started leaking they brokeit at the hospital...
  • i am with u lala! i will send labor dust your way too! and i have no idea whats up with me either. my doc wont even check me until i am in active labor. stupidness!
  • I was already in the hospital in labor.. me, my mom, my boyfriend and his mom were all talking mid sentance and it broke. I said "Uhm, I think my water just broke" lol.
  • How far along were you ladies when your water broke??
  • @survivormommie3 Oh wow and i thought mine was bad!! Mine said there is no need to check me untill i am 38 i went in on tuesday and told him i have been having back pain and cramping and he didnt check me! Ugh good thing i will be getting checked this comming tuesday! :)
  • edited August 2011
    Yeah mine broke with all 3 of my kids, which apparently is unheard of! I was 40w3d with my first, girl, 39w with my second, girl, and 37w3d with my third, boy. And btw I didn't lose my mucus plug, or dilate with my first 2 until after my waters broke and I was in the hospital.
  • Lala123 @Snreda obviously has 3kids lol. YOur water doesn't break 3times. Mine broke in the giant bath tub at the hospital while I was in labour. I didn't even feel it. Jst noticed it was slimy down there.
  • I was at my bds moms house and I was standing there talking and I felt a gush so I went to that bathroom cause I thought I peed myself... My water had broke and it just kept runnin like a faucet. Lol
  • Yea i kinda knw that! Lol
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.