Single moms... your last name or his?

2»

Comments

• I'm with my bd...kinda lol. We've agrEed to hyphen the name. Mines going first cause it just sounds better?
    If I wasn't with him. Or thought he wouldn't be there for the kid, itd just be mine. They might be hurt by that but honestly, I feel like guys need to prove that they'll be there for the kid. We've proved it by letting them live inside us for almost a year lol
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • If I knew I wa$ not m&rrying baby daddy tge baby would have my name after all the rubbish my sister has gone through id also declare father unknown would just make life easier
  • If you are trying to get him to pay child support then I'd suggest his last name. Getting child support is alot harder if you don't.
  • my bd is a dirt bag and if i can help it wont have nething to do with the baby at all so my lil boy will def. have mine!!!!
  • Im giving my baby girl My last name. I don't know him that well and kinda scared of how great a father he will be. Would hate to have a child with a mans last name who isn't even around.
  • I'm going to give her his last name. Even if we weren't together I just feel that children should always have their fathers last name. I have my dad last name, even thou he was a deadbeat.
  • My twins have their dads last name, not because of him, but because of his mom, she is wonderful to my sons & me, & she only has the idiot for a child. My baby now will have the dads last name, because he is amazing to me & my boys, & I know he will always be there no matter what.
  • My bby will have my last name my bby daddy says over his dead body but he made some choices now he has to suffer with the consequences
  • My 3rd son was given my maternal grandfathers last name...this baby will probably be hyphenated with sperm donors last name and my grandpa
  • With both of daughters it was mine. And when I got married, I dropped my middle name and made my maiden name my middle name and it all flows...so I my name is legally connected to both my kids and hubby without a hyphen.
  • @roxanne relax, legally a parent is not to move stateto state withoutthe other parents consent let alone out of the country. Though iknow from experience, a parent in places like jamaica and other islands can move their children to the U.S.,with little to no consent. And usually if officials see a forieghner, especially Jamaican man tryna cross theborder with a child, they will check his credentials. but not vise versa, and most times there is a name conversion in the process. Atleast for me and most people I know. There is sometimes changes made to birth certificates also. But those changes are usually made by thegaurdians to expidite the process. Jamaican men usually take really good care of their children, even if they don't their woman...all the ones I know have multiples,but they are so spreadout they usually never find out about each other. But I must say, they usually are good men, and the cultural differences may make their behavior seem Bizarre at times. But where they are from their behaviors are perfectly ok.
  • I am not a single mom, but if I were my children would have had either my name or a hyphenated version with my last name as the final name. Even though I am married I seriously considered hyphenating my son's last name with my own-at the time I hadn't taken my husband's name. Eventually I decided to use only my husband's last name (because he already had a son and I wanted all the kids to have the same name) and since I wanted my son and I to have the same name, as well, I changed mine. In retrospect i regret that, especially considering my husband was ok with whatever I wanted.
  • I'm with my boyfriend but currently not married but hope to marry him in the next few years...his first daughter has his last name n my daughter will too..maybe it would be different if we weren't together but I think even then I would especially if it was a boy. But everyone is different n choose different things just go with your gut
  • Me and my gf aren't married yet but our baby will have my last name...I rly wouldn't have it any other way.
  • Oops..the topic said single moms, sry guys.
  • @mama_kat im gonnb have to do some thing bout it an thank u take care yurslf too:-)
  • @Cadymj27 im frm uk I have two mix race sons frm my ex we was together for 9y hes frm jamaica kingston an hes a great dad to our sons he never treated me wrongly we just fell out of love be we stil good friend but my ex with the baby im carryin im not sure what the hells wrong with him I gave im a second chance an with in weeks he started callin me bitch slag really nasty name id be eatin an he look at me an say bitch pas me the pepper first time he did im I was shock I was 16 wen I married my husband he never take to me like that so nw at 25 I wasnt goin to put up with it an ask he who he think hes takin to he ran up to me shout in listen white bitch u do what I say yur my babys mother I didnt knw what to say I past him the pepper waited for hid to sleep an went to my mothers im glad I never let him round if I had my sons I didnt want them meetin yet as it was to soon but yh ive only be with 2 man an they been jamaicen man same back grown but very different my husband treated me like he queen but he treats me like a fool. Im goin to look more into it see what I can do but one things for sure my babys dontay cooper not dontay allen
  • Woow, you did the right thing. But gl, hope you find the information your looking for.
  • @BabyOnDeck It's alright. Your opinion is welcome. :-)
  • Thank you everyone. This was very informative.
  • Im with my bf and my baby is goin to have my last name for sure.