How off were drs about your babys weight??

edited September 2011 in Giving birth
They told me this monster is 9 lbs 14oz (I'm 39 weeks) and as some of u know they're "suggesting" csec! :/ Just wondering how much they were off for all u mama's who've delivered already....

**did any of your doctors push a csec?? How did you all deliver??**

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I was just going to post a discussion with this question! I'm also curious how off ultrasounds have been!! :/
  • I was suppose to have a 9pounder n I got a baby tht look like a preemie n she was 7 lbs 2oz lol!
  • I was told today that once they hit 35weeks, they can be off my 10% of the babies weight. I don't know how true it is, but I'm sure it all depends on amount of fluid, positioning of baby, and how good the measurements are. (:
  • @mrsg that's a big difference! Which is why I don't really want a csec, but if they're right and I try vaginal and something happens to him ill feel horrible! :/
    @2beforgotten my belly is pretty big too so I dunno
  • The doctor's right before I delivered, said she was going to be 8-9 pounds! And a few hours later she was born, weighing 6 pounds 8 ounces...they were way off.
  • edited September 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @2beforgotten that's what they're saying for me..they don't know if he'll fit so they don't even want me to try vag! I don't know what to do!
  • I was told I was having a 9lb + baby with my second and they never suggested a c-section he was born 7lbs and 11 oz :) and they think the same with this one, but see no reason to do a c-section :)
  • @3rd_bumps_a_charm the reason they think they're right is b/c my hubs was over 10 lbs himself so they're saying big baby is in the genes! Not sure how true that is but doc has successfully scared the crap outta me!!
  • My son they told me with 2 ultrasounds and my measureing me that he was over 10lbs at 38 weeks so with that plus high bp they induced me. I ended up with a csection...he was 7lbs 15oz! My daughter they said over 8lbs and she was 7lbs 3oz.
  • They did the same thing to me! My Dr was willing to let me try vag delivery cuz his head was desending. They were estimating 9lbs but he came vaginally at 6lbs 15oz. Give it a try hun! If baby is too big for u it won't go into ur birth canal fully and then u would know a section is needed. And my hubby was a 10 pounder and is still big now. Don't listen to them cuz my son has my skinny genes lol! Even I was over 9lbs at birth.
  • They said my son was 10.6.... I hadn't dilated and he hadn't dropped....so scheduled me section next day.
    He was 9.4 22.. inches. Csrction recovery has been difficult!! Good luck
  • They told me 7.5lbs he was 8lbs 5oz!
  • my first they told me she was going to be about 8 1/2 lbs and she was 7 lbs 8 oz.
    my second they told me almost 10 lbs and he was 8 lbs 11 oz
    this one they say was 7 lbs 4 wks ago
  • 4 days before I had my son I had my 37 weeks appointment. I was 37+2 weeks but was measuring 34 weeks so they sent me for my 3rd growth ultrasound. They told me he was going to be a tiny baby and he was weighing 5lbs 15oz. 4 days later at 37+6 weeks, I had a 7lb 9oz 20.5in baby. He was definitely not tiny lol.
  • Thanks ladies! Sounds like they're always wrong!! They did say they couldn't get an accurate measurement of his head b/c he's so low already!
  • Mines was off by one pound on labor day .. They said she was 8 pounds and she was 9 pounds
  • Told me monday she was 7-14 and was born vaginally wednesday at 9-5 with only a small tear that didn't even need stitched even though my tail bone did crack. But its been cracked before. First baby too.
  • I had this doctor come in when I was in labor and she could tell I was scared.. I told her I was worried about how big my daughter was... so she pushes aroubd on my belly from different angles and was like oh about 6lbs 6 oz.... I was like ok crazy woman.. lol... my daughter was 6lbs 5.9oz.... but that was at 40 weeks in the delivery room.
  • Dr did a external exam and said 9 pounds or more if I went full term water broke at 38 weeks sge was 8#s 11 oz so with the outside exam dr was pretty dang close
  • They told me my son was going to be atleast 9 lbs, he was 10lb 11oz.