Nipple Stimulation Complication

edited September 2011 in Pregnant
Okay, I'm trying out the whole nipple stimulation thing but I don't feel that I'm doing it right.

I looked online to see if there is any specific way to massage the breast and I'm not finding good answers or any photos to look off of. I have inverted nipples so there's really nothing to grab on to. Also, is there any kind of setting I should be in? Bathroom, laying in bed, ect. and should my mind be clear or does it not really matter?

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @navywife Yeah, but the hard part for me is that there is nothing for me to pull on since I have inverted nipples. :( Damn my mother..
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • What's inverted nipple mean?
  • you can breast feed your hubby :p
  • I have heard this kinda of natural induction can be very hard on the baby bc the contractions it causes are too strong
  • do you have any vibrators? you can using one of them on your nipples
  • I have one inverted nipple and when I was pregnant my husband would suck on it and it would like peek out...and a breast pump will work great....
  • edited September 2011
    I use a breast pump for stimulation. works fantastic. I do 10 minutes on each side and It produces some great braxton hicks for me.
  • ^^ yes try a breast pump. When i was watching a baby storey on tlc the nurse said she was going to start nipple stimulation. She comes back a minute later with a pump. Hope it works :)
  • @mommyof3tobe Well, you know the difference of an inny and an outty belly button right? It's like that, lol. They go inward instead of out. It sucks.

@snowwhitej I'm in the same boat. I have one normal, one inverted. Although, I still consider the normal one inverted too because it hardly sticks out. The inverted one is too severely inverted to be pulled out though. My boyfriend pays all his attention to the normal one, lol!

@monkeymam Lol! Yeah, every time I talk to him about this nipple stimulation technique he's like "Oh I'll stimulate your nipples!" *sly wink*

@leggs2011
    @Imamommysoon
    @caffeinated_katie

I've heard that breast pumps are helpful to use for this. I just haven't purchased mine yet. I'll be using an AVENT manual breast pump. Not sure if manual makes a difference when it comes to stimulation.

@Lilliebug This method can be very unsafe if you don't follow the proper rules. You can over stimulate your body if you do not take the recommended breaks causing your uterus to have very severe contractions as it is attempting to shrink because you're tricking your body.
  • Oh. Ok. I'm sorry. I wonder if you'd still be able bf if u wanted? I'm assuming u would...idk
  • @mommyof3tobe you would be able to buy you'd have to stimulate it with a breast pump/ nipple shield until your milk comes in.
  • @marysue oh ok thanks. I juat learned some new stuff tonight :-)
  • @mommyof2tobe no problem. :) I actually learned first hand. It was super hard but totally worth it.
  • The lady used a manual pump on the baby story. Id Google about it so you know how long to do it. Or call a nurse hotline :)
  • I think there's something out there that can pull an inverted nipple out. I read it years ago though & don't remember much. But its like a suction thing you wear for a while & it helps the issue so moms can breastfeed. Try google. But I think you need to use it a lot to get the nipple to stick out.
  • Oh and that'll pull the nipple out? @marysue mine are outies lol. But I'm always up to learning new things! Thanks!
  • @one5one yea. The suction pulls the nipple outwards. :) whenever the milk comes in you don't have to worry about having an inverted nipple because it kinda autocorrects itself.
  • Yea I think that's what I read about but forgot what the name was. @marysue good thng to have for those choosing to breastfeed.
  • I got the medela swing breast pump and I just started it like 20 minutrs ago. I did like 8 minutes per breast. I dont have any milk and nothing has come out. But the stimulation is not heavy, it feels almost like light vibration. Ill try it again before I go to bed and tomorrow too, but so far... Nothing...