IM in L&D and these people are NOT MAKING IT BETTER!!!!! I NEED LOTS OF ADVICE PLZZZZZ!!!I

edited September 2011 in Third Trimester
I'm 34 weeks been here since morning n the gave me my 1st dose of steroids n another will be in 24hrs (improve baby's lungs)..I have no contractions, not dialated but the staff is scarying the crap outta me...I have a SLOW WATER LEAKAGE ....they keep saying the baby don't need to come now n how boys are harder to deal with being a premie than girls ....WHT?

Comments

• if its a small tear it may reseal..lots of vit c and protein
  • Yes take a deep.breath..... 34 weeks is good! And with a slow leak u should have plenty of tme for babies lungs to be healthy b4 u have to actually give birth. Ignore the nurses if u have to and focus on staying calm and relaxing..... sleep as much as possible ask for a sleeping pill if u can't stop ur brain long enough to fall asleep! All u can do right now is what ur doing and remaining calm for ur baby boy!!
  • Yep I've had a few small tears keep ur head up girl
  • The steroids are just so the2y can deliver if you get and infection. Also the chances of a waterbag resealing are less than 5%. They are jerks to scare you but they are right girls do better premie than boys. But 34 weeks is pretty far along. Don't let them stress you out too muchm good luck.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @mama2be11_4_11 @bahamamama4827 @Essie @momof22be OK u guys make me feel SOOO much better wish there was some like u guys on staff ...lol I hope they give me something to sleep cause I wont be able to
  • edited September 2011
    @ll10 they just make it seem like I'm 23 weeks or something ..I know a lot of people that delivered before 34 weeks n went great...My hubby was born @7weeks he did great...@homebirthadvocate yes ur so right!! they said they don't wanna keep checking me for dialation because of that reason...its gonna be a LONG NIGHT
  • Yeah my experience is that nurses like to make you feel scared and stupid. Its a power trip for sure.
  • Yea the nurses have been pissing me off too they drive me insaine
  • My daughter was born at 34 weeks also, and she was fine, she spent 10days in the nicu and that was it, and that was with out steroid shots.

Im lucky I have good nurses!
  • OK that's great I'm so scared to drink so much water cause when I get up to pee more fluid drains down
  • they just gave me antibiotics incase of infection... n I ask for sleeping pills
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • oh wow that sucks...but he is moving well n everything is good.
    I will feel better after my second dose of the shot tomorrow morning
  • Prayers to you and your son.
  • @ash1la thank u I'm still in L&D
  • drs and nurses always want to give worst case senereo.. so your hopes are already shakiey.. dont wory girl .. as long as your not contracting you can stilll make it weeks longer.. praying your lil stayes put for a while longer..
  • edited September 2011
    @lae3 thank u I'm still here felt some pains but it wasn't contractions I'm on the monitor as we speak 2:53am I feel him low n.he is wide awake as per his heart beat...and i feel...nausea ...
    my HUBBY jumped out the couch.like he is coming ..IM LIKE SHUT UP!!! LOL