formula feeding moms whats your

edited September 2011 in Pregnant
Favorite formula and y.....I'm using similac. The pre made big bottle then switched to enfimil I feel like he wasn't getting full always hungry so switched back to similac. For a while longer to see what happens.

Comments

• I was breastfeeding but now using formula since I stopped producing. . I use similac soy and she's doing great on it. She was on similac advanced (blue can) but it made her fussy grassy and constipated
  • I use similac just because my other kids used it!
  • I supplement with goodstart soy. I use it because its free through my husbands job.
  • edited September 2011
    I still breastfeed but supplement with similac advanced. Tried giving my daughter enfamil once and she spit it out with disgust lol.
  • edited September 2011
    Similac.
  • i used to use similiac soy because that's what i got with WIC but i hated similiac its too.thick and chalky, and the similac soy constipated my son so bad that his dr was sendimg him for x rays and thyroid tests to see if it was a blockage or possibly hirschsprungs disease. she switched him to enfamil nutramigen and i love love love it! even the enfamil newborn worked better for him than similac but he's got a super sensitive tummy so wic finallly approved this enfamil for him and I'm so glad. enfamil all the way!
  • Any soy formula will cause constipation
  • With my first I loved enfamil it was the best.
  • Wth my youngest we used enfamil lipil(?)
  • @Beautiful_Altar that's what I've heard. its tough to find a good formula for adrien when he has reactions to most milk based ones but the nutramigen has turned out to be a really good alternative and its not soy so at least i don't think he will have a milk allergy when he's old enough to start regular milk but we will see
  • @lily_glz thats wat I'm using noe the blue ove n I think its making my bby constipated :( I'm almost dunn with the can tho.. she's only pooped once today tis mornin :(
  • I used enfamil gentlease with my oldest 2, and suppliment with the same for my 3 week old.
  • My son tried 3 different kinds and the o e that was the best I used was enfamil nutramigan.. its expensive but I got it through wic with a doc notefor it. I guess its a special one but really good on tummy and wasn't constipated or gassy at all! Powder is what I used.
  • I used reg Enfamil with my daughter and planning to use it this time as well. They had sent us these little sample bottles a few weeks before my due date and when I couldn't get her to latch my husband said breastfeeding wasn't worth the 6 hours of crying (both me and baby) he'd just been through and made me give her one of those little bottles. We never had any issues with it, so we never switched. I'm planning to use it this time too.
  • I use gerber good start gentle. I use it cause that's what they started her in the hospital while she was in the nicu. So I just kept with it. She's really gassy but it doesn't seem to make her fussy. Has anyone switched formula for gassyness even if it didn't bother the baby?
  • Yea my baby would cry so bad and be pushing :( with my first the same thing happened and his Dr changed him to soy formula @naliibby2