House fire kills twin boys!!! My husbands family!!

edited September 2011 in Current Events
Please for this family. I tried to post a the video but can't figure out how. This is my father-n-laws brothers grandsons. They were in this house and he and his wife got out alive the boys (2yrs old) didin't. THey died from smoke inhalation. PLease keep this family in prayer please!

BRANDON --
An overnight house fire in Brandon has killed twin 2-year-old boys.

According to Hillsborough County Fire Rescue, the fire broke out at a home on Foxwood Drive just after midnight.

Officials said when firefighters arrived, they thought the home was empty but later discovered the twin boys in a back bedroom.

The homeowner and her fiance were asleep when the twins' mother, 19-year-old Jamey Sims came to the home. Investigators said Sims sometimes stays there with her aunt. Officials said Sims put the twins to bed and then left.

Firefighters said the couple was able to get out of the home as the blaze spread but the twins were trapped in the back room. The twins were rushed to an area hospital where they were pronounced dead.

"When we looked out the front window the flames were shooting up way high at the back part of the house,'' said neighbor Maxine Cockrill. "Shortly thereafter (they) came out and they were so thankful to be ok themselves but they didn't know the babies were in there."

Officials are investigating to determine the start of the fire. The state fire marshal's office also is investigating.

The sheriff's office is not saying when Sims dropped the twins off or how long they were in the home before the fire started.

Comments