Thinking adout breastfeed for 2 years!

edited September 2011 in Breastfeeding
Ive been thinking about this for over a week! And I think I am going to. Or at least until she weens her self from it. Its the best thing for her and I wouldnt mine. when shes one she wont nurse as much from what people have told me maybe 3 to 4 times lol breakfast, lunch and dinner

Comments

• Good luck!! I hope you can do it because it would be great for her. My goal is a year. I'm trying so hard with her because I didn't get to with my first.
  • I'm gonna shoot for a year...it weirds me out when a baby can ask u for.ur boob with full sentences
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Good for you! That's my goal also
  • I know some religions go for 2 years, and they say between 6months-2yrs is goal, so good for you! I know a girl at work still breastfeeds her son at night, he's 22 months
  • @mama0811 yeah I didn't think of that for some reason. Ur right
  • You can do it!!!! My mom breastfed me till 22 months ;)
  • Omg!! That sounds scary!!
  • I dont think its weird if she walks up to me and asks for it lol its the best bond ever and I love,holding her or ,laying with her to nurse her and thats not going to last
  • Go for it!! It is your child and your breast!! I support breast feeding 100% and think if you want to feed your child until you are ready to stop then you should. I dont think anyone should allow you to put an age restriction on it because of what society thinks.
  • My first I nursed until the day before his 3rd birthday, and my second I (tandem)nursed until she was 26 months old. I tandem nursed for 16 months... talk about a wild time!! :)
  • I wanna nurse till 16 or 18 months then pump and give in a sippy cup after that till my milk dries up.
  • @Fate add me on fb and message me! And ill give you my number so you can text or call when you need someone to talk to! bowsbynicole@aim.com elizabeth is great shes trying to sit up and I think shes going to be an early crawler! And the bow business is going okay. Wish pregley had new members but I think ill post on the bump
  • thanks ladies! I love hearing everyones views as long as it isnt harsh
  • :-bd Good for you! 2 is recommended by world health organization. It definitely is a immunity booster. Babies ask to be fed in different ways, I don't think just because they start talking should hinder you from nursing. Every year you nurse, your lowering yours and your babys risk of cancer and other illnesses :D
  • My mom nursed all of us until we were two, two and a half years old. Some of us self weened before the 2 1/2 year.
    I hope to go to two years, but definitely a 1 1/2.
  • I'm your friend already! Vinessa Socia. :)
  • @Fate lol okay!! i cant keep up with everyones pregly name and there facebook name
  • i dont have you on facebook is your profile pic you witha green sweater and your looking out at the lake?
  • Yes ma'am!