How many kids do you have/want?

edited September 2011 in Just for Fun
So I'm just curious. How many kids do you have or do you want? I just had my first and I want like 8. I'd love to have 4 kids and adopt 4 kids but only if I could afford them financially and be able to take care of them properly. But DH only wants this one lol. We have settled on 3 which has taken a lot of discussing. He keeps trying to catch me at my worst to see if I'll say no to more kids. He even asked me while I was in labor trying to push her out...I still said yes to more kids lol.

Comments

• Past due with induction Monday and depending how this birth go I want 5more.
  • I have 2 a boy and girl we have decided to wait for 3 or 4 years but sometimes he says he doesnt want anymore I just laugh and say ya were having more at least 4
  • I have a 19 month old daughter, another daughter due in a few weeks, and we'd like 2 more. So, 4 total. I told hubby if number 3 and 4 are girls I'll try for a boy on #5...BUT, THAT'S IT! LOL
  • I should b having my baby anyday now & the most I would have is 4 :)
  • I am having one but I always wanted 2 or 3 but my boyfriend has one so I guess one more in a few years and im done it will be mine And his first child together he has one by an ex and the one I am having is with an ex to
  • After the labor with my daughter I only want one more. Originally I wanted 3 but now I'm thinking only two. But not until my daughter now is 3 or 4 so I can focus on her being little and growing.
  • I have 5 sons on #6 which is my princess :)
  • I'm on my first, and I'm thinking just two. Hopefully boy and girl, if I end up with two girls or two boys than I'll try for a third but that's it. No more than three.
    I came from a large family, I'm the oldest of 7 and while some can do large families... I can't, I grew up feeling like I didn't get the attention I needed because there was always a new brother or sister being born and I began taking care of them and pretty much becoming a mom at 8, and I don't want my children to feel like they have to compete for attention like my siblings and I did, or that my oldest feels like he/she has to be a parent and help out.
  • Ha ha depending on my delivery will see if I want anymore lol
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • This is my first due 11/11 I want maybe 2 more.. bd wants like 5! I don't like being preggo though I would love to adopt, but bd wants us to make our own lol guess we'll just have to wait and see!
  • I have a boy and girl and expecting another girl any day. I think I'm done at 3, but would be open to one more
  • I have 1 boy and am having another in Dec. They will be my only two lol my hubby is getting cut!
  • This is my first & my fiances second. According to him im not having anymore babies lmao. I think if it was for sure that we'd have a girl it might change things but two boys is a lot to handle lol.
  • I have one, but I would like to have another one.:)
  • I only want 2. I have my two boys so now I'm done. I had my tubes tied when I delivered last week.
  • I just had my fourth a wk ago and we will have at least one more
  • I'm due with number 9 & I'd love t have more. I hope my kids don't feel like @LittleFae said, but I don't think they do. We home school & do everything together as a family. When a new little one arrives, he/she is an addition to the family, not the center of it. All my kids have a "special" day of the week & we have weekly tea parties, movie nights, etc. Yes, they have more chores than most kids, but I try to instill in their hearts that they are a valuable & important member of the family & we all help each other. Even the 2 year old has "chores" & he loves it. :)
  • Having my 2nd baby boy in nov. I say I'll try 2xs for a girl so if#3 is a boy, 4. He said he wants tons of kids. I think hes just being silly! So 4 unless he can cary a few lol
  • That's a good point @littlefae I'd hate for my kids to feel like the weren't getting enough attention. This pregnancy has been rather rough and DH says we can just adopt other kids. I told him I want to try one more time. If that pregnancy has complications like this one did then I'll go with adoption. I'm okay with adoption, I just like the feel of having the baby kick around in there =p
  • I commend you @Wilsomom That is a lot of kids and to be able to take care of them as they should be deserves respect. I hate to see people have bunches of kids and not be able to take care of them. Children are gifts not a new way to get more benefits.
  • My son will be 4 nov 8 and im due with my daughter oct 16 and 2 is my limit. Bc for me after this.
  • I wanted four before I met my husband.. I wanted to adopt 4 children 8 and over (because no one wants them and they need love too!!!) Then I met my husband and figured we would have kids but never discussed it haha... then we got pregnant with our first, who will be 5 in two weeks. And i decided I wanted NO more she was enough.. then we said no lets try again when she is 3... but we werent in a good spot so we waited.. we still arent in a great spot financially but knew we wanted at least one more and for them to be close.
    Now he keeps saying we will have one more.. but I dont know if I agree or not haha

sorry i just gave you my whole life story!
  • @Wilsomom - my parents home schooled us too. Though I'm the only one who was home schooled through high school because my mom needed me at home to help with the little ones. We never had "special" days set aside for us though. Some people can do large families... my parents couldn't. Especially my mom. My mom has some mental issues that I didn't see until I moved out on my own but really, I was mom, she was just the breasts. I would be up with my younger siblings at night, I made lunch, dinner, I did the laundry, the cleaning, my siblings listened to me better than my mom (I can rant and rave for hours over my family) I grew up having to stay at home and watch the kids while others had baseball, or soccer, my parents poured thousands into those but would say they didn't have the money when I asked to take horse back riding lessons. When I turned 17 they finally let me join a theater group, but then my brother got to do it with me and he stole the show... so I never really had anything that was "mine". I don't have trophies or ribbons to anything they all do. I love my siblings but honestly I never felt like a sister and still don't. I never even wanted kids of my own I felt like I had raised my kids already but then the baby bug bit me at the age of 24 lol. Before that I actually found babies ugly... -shifty eyes- but now I just want to hold them all and smell them lol.

But, because of that I don't want a bunch of little ones, I want each of my children to feel like they are loved and needed and wanted and not to feel like they are constantly being replaced by another baby.

Not all large families are like this, but ours was and so because of that I don't want it.

@rckprincess2 - I think as long as you are aware of that and take the time it wont happen... but my parents weren't.
  • I have a five year old boy and a two week old girl... Maybe one more but not for a few more years. My son wants me to have a thousand. Lol... He loves being a brother.
  • Have one daughter. One baby due next yr and I would like 4-5 kids..husband only wants 3
  • Im having my 2nd in 5 days. Hubby wants one more but im done. Iv had a few problems so we agree that a tubal might b the best choice.
  • I'd like to have 2. This one is due Oct 7th, but I've not had a good experience being pregnant so I'm realllly going to have to think about it.
  • I have 3 but would like one more when I'm older and my kids now are all in school
  • I settled on 3 lol bf wants 7.. sorry Idk if I could do it. I guess we will see as in this is our first. Lol