My newborn in NICU :(--wanted to give an update

2»

Comments

• Prayers and healing thoughts for you and baby. Lilly was born at 36+6 and was in NICU for 9 days because of dangerous billi rubin levels and bruises on her head being monitored from her birth with forcips. I understand the feeling of not wanting to leave alone. I thought 'i came here pregnant and in labor, that means I leave with my baby,right?'. Our NICU alowed me to 'room in' with her so I stayed in a surgical room on a cot for 9 days and 9 long nights so could go hold her. Every 3 hours I atempted to breastfeed her and every 4 I pumped milk to keep my suppy up and feed her what she could eat from a bottle (it was just easier for her that way). From 8-15 until 8-24, I didn't so much as leave the hospital grounds. During my recovery before I was discharged I cried listening to the other babies and there moms soothing them :( I was on floor 4 and she was on 9. So far away :( and I was scared to tell anyone how sad and angery I really was because anytime a new mom is upset, it must be post-partum, right? I hate that. Do you see all those tubes and needles there putting in my baby, I think I have a right to be a little upset without it being depression, look at the situation!! I know this is long, your exhauseted and frustrated, and I'm sorry. The only reason I feel I have to share my story is because after those 8 terrifying days, something amazing happened. I went to feed her and the dr said were going to release her today! Eventually I woke from the nightmare and she came home with us..billi blanket and apnea monitor aswell but damn it, she came home. Be strong..as one of the nurses joked with Lilly 'get better little one, we don't send kids to kindergarten from NICU!'. This too shall pass and until it does, stay positve, talk to us or some one who cares and take care of you so you can take of baby. Our NICU had a moto that was engraved in glass on the doors to the nursery area..'caring for children and those who care for them'. Baby is in good hands :) wishing you the best!
  • Awe hun, I hope baby Jaiven is okay & he will be back in ur arms sooner than u think. But if u need to cry u do so thas ur baby in there. U brought him into this world so I know ur hurting bad but ull see everything will be okay :) u, me, so many others r praying for baby Jaiven to recover. Take care of urself.... Much luv!
  • I swear, if you all prayed, I'm a believer more than I ever was :) My baby ate an ounce today at 9 and didnt bring any up! I'm heading back down at 12 to feed him myself so I can hold him and bond with my little munchkin. I know I heard it said a thousand times before but I finally understand that you never know LOVE until youve fallen in love with your child. I just hold him and stare and everytime I think there's no way I can love him more than I do now, I look at him and fall in love all over again. This little boy is my world now and all I care about is to have him home and by my side... I might leave here tonight empty handed and its going to kill me, but i'm in hopes that he may be home by the weekend if he's able to continue feeding. THANK U ALL SO SO SO MUCH for giving me support. I swear, I was feeling weak inside and trying to put up a front so I wouldnt get called out on depression and I hated hearing 'it'll be okay.' Now i really see that there may be some light at the end of this tunnel. @momtb Ur words touched me, a heartfelt touch that I drew strngth out of. If u can make it through and all the other moms that have had to deal with this situation and worse can come out on top of and have their little ones, so can I. :) I LOVE pregly. I dont know what i'd have if I didnt have here to turn to... I wish i could tag everyone who reached out to me, please dont take it offensively that I haven't. I've shed tears thru reading every comment and as I write this now. THANK U All SO DAMN MUCH
  • My son is in nicu too. I understand how your feeling. He has been there for 9 days today and the last couple days are the first couple days I have gotten to even hold him. I know how hard it is to leave without him. I miss my baby boy so much, as soon as I turn to leave a piece of my heart is ripped from my chest and left behind. But soon enough momma we will have our baby boys with us. Prayers to you and your family. Have them check for pyloricstynosis. My daughter had that it's when the opening of the belly muscle spasms closed and prevents food from going down into the belly. It sounds just like what your son has, hopefully not, or it's just a light case good luck.
  • Hang in there mama. Prays, hugs, and love to you & your family!
  • Awww I'm so happy he is okay! I good he continues to het better hun I'm sorry I didn't see this I was up trying to get rid of my contractions and leg cramps. I went to bed right away when I had a break from the pain. It will be so much fun watching ur precious little boy grow.
  • Hope all goes well with your little prince. Some hospitals allow new mothers to stay at the hospital when their newborns are in nicu. Have you asked the doctors or nurses about that?
  • Praying a lighting a candle for your little boy
  • My heart breaks for you. Prayers for your baby boy. He will get better soon and stay strong.
  • It will all be okay. My daughter was in the nicu for two weeks bc she was early had pneumonia and would stop breathing bc she hadnt fully learned yet. The nicu doctors will watch him religiously. He is in good hands. Praying for you and keep us updated.
  • Jaiven's been feeding like a little champ you guys :) I might be getting ahead of myself but I feel like he is ready to be home with mommy.... I was discharged on Friday but spent most of the day with him so I left the hospital around 8. I miss him so much and I'm so anxious for the morning to come... hence why I'm lurking pregly this late... again, thank all u ladies for your kind words, prayers, care and concern! I'll update more, hopefully my next will say he is home :)
  • I hope all goes well with you and your son!
  • Way to go Jaiven!! such good news momma!
  • Good need and prayers your way!!!
  • Goodluck and many prayers being sent your way. I hope you get to bring home a healthy bubs very soon xox
  • I pray he continues to progress and can be home with you soon.
  • Glad to hear God answered all the prayers and hes doing better :)
  • Yay! Good to hear!!
  • Good to hear. Looking forward to the going home update!
  • Awe glad hes eating :) hope u do get to bring him home. Good luck
  • Yay!!!! Glad he is doing better :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • So glad to hear he's progressing!! :X
  • Yay! I hope you can take him home soon :-)
  • Thank U guys.. looks like its gonna be another day before he's home... I don't see this day going by quickly for me at all. I don't know what to do with my self and don't feel for company. I'm at the hospital now. Fed him at 12 and will feed him again at 3. I wish I could stay longer. I miss that little munchkin so much. 1 more day yall. Just one more day...
  • Aww one more day isn't bad at all momma :) it may take forever to pass, but once its over you'll forget all about it! Hoping its over before you know it :)