My newborn in NICU :(--wanted to give an update

edited September 2011 in Depression
So while pregly has gone haywire, my baby was taken and admitted to the NICU nursery yesterday and I doubt ill be going home with him. My heart is hurting and I'm just praying for the best. For whatever reason, he won't suck or feed and spits up any little that he is given. He was spitting up all night after delivery but I was told it was normal. Now I don't know. He's down there hooked to monitors and IVs and tubes and I can't help thinking about the what ifs... Just wanna vent these feelings because I'm breaking down on the inside. I feel so broken when I see him and go back to my room hearing other mommies soothing their crying babies. I would rather be up all night with him than not have him here. I just want my baby...

Comments

• Hang in there momma. You have got to take care of yourself so you can b strong for your little man. I wish you a speedy recovery and a prayer that your little man is fine and back in your arms b4 to long.
  • Hun, I'm so sorry! In the midst of all this drama, you're going through a real crisis. Was he full term? Hopefully the doctors in the NICU can help him and he'll be right $ well in no time. I'm sending you lots of prayers. What's his name?
  • major hugs your way hun praying for your baby xox
  • @TishJ330
    his name is Jaiven.. I had him at 39 weeks so I wasn't expecting this. I'm screaming on the inside, I feel like ill lose it if I'm discharged without him. I don't wanna go home with just my bags.
  • Awww. I'm praying him
  • Aww, good luck hun! Hopefully, it's something they can take care of easily for you guys!!
  • You WON'T lose it. You'll be strong because he needs you to be. Now you have to believe that the doctors are going to do what's best for him. He'll be fine, you'll see. Just focus on him getting well and getting to the bottom of his eating issue. Remember to take care of yourself as well. Please keep us posted!
  • See. This is why those people should be ashamed. While you were having a serious issue and needed support, people were acting childish on here. You should have been able to been consoled lastnight and got a big Pregly hug and prayers. I'm sorry you are going through this. I'm sure he will be okay and is only in NICU as a precaution
  • Awww prayers coming your way
  • its hard being strong when a part of me is lying there so helpless. I can't describe this pain in my chest and I can't ignore it. ugh fml right now. I'm so mad
  • thank u all for caring. I stayed away last night for different reasons but I'm glad I did... just had to let these feelings go n this is usually my escape place. I'm gonna go check on him now. Hopefully he's progressing.
  • Ill be praying for you & baby Javien
  • I'll say a prayer for you and your baby. I hope he is getting better !!
  • All my prayers headed your way. Be strong momma for your little man!! See if you can kangaroo, if not just a touch will do wonders!! Like the others said, hopefully its a precaution! PRAYERS!!!
  • Prayin for u guys!
  • Praying for you and baby boy
  • Hows your little man? Any word on his feeding intolerance? Hoping for good news, mama!! Hugs!
  • Hoping your baby gets to go home with you soon. Any updates?
  • Omg mama im so sorry your going through this! I hope they figure out whats wrong so you can take your little man home!!
  • Im so sorry your going through this. He will pull through. Just have faith. Btw congrats on your little man
  • aw.. poor baby.. praying everything gets resolved
  • Praying for your little man! Hang in there ;)
  • My son was born at 37 weeks. He came bc he was sick with gbs pneumonia. He was in nicu for 10 days. Hooked up to everything, it gets easier bc you know hes there getting fixed. Its better to have him there then to take him home and something more serious happen... My son is a month on tuesday and hes doing great, just be patient, he'll be home soon enough
  • I hope.lo.recovers soon u and lo.are in my prayers plz update when u can
  • Aw hunni I'm so sorry! My daughter was born on 8/5 and she had to spend a week in the nicu cuz I was only 35+3. It is very heartbreaking and I know how hard it is to walk away. Just know that he's in good hands and it will be over before you know it. Stay strong and keep your head up.
  • Sayin a prayer for u momma! I know its hard to be strong but say a prayer and ask for strenght cause thats wat u need right now. My son was in the NICU for 10wks hundreds miles away (hurricane katrina) and couldnt see him everyday. Without prayer I would have been a crackhead!!! Trust me everything will be alright :) @k_babix0
  • :( ....Hopefully everything will work out and he'll make some kind of progression. Keep ur head up momma....Good luck
  • Nicu is a journey that takes strength and patience. I did three months in there with my first, but it will go by quickly and he will come home healthy. Just pay, mama... I'm praying for you too. Keep us posted.
  • Keep praying and I'm praying with you! Hopefully everything will workout! Keep us posted. Sorry your going through this I can't imagine.