Mother in delivery room?!

So today I announced that I only want my bf in the delivery room. Hmm. My mother didnt like that at all. She says this is her first grandchild & she IS going to be in the delivery room even if she has to cuss out the nurses! My mil even looked at me funny. Im assuming she thought she was going to be in there 2. Umm no! I dont wana feel pressured into having them in there! Omg..i can already see how this is gonna be!

Comments

• I had my mum in with us with bub no 1 never again she drove me nuts
  • Let your nurses know not to let them in. If she starts cussing out a nurse shes going to get security called and kicked out if the hospital
  • Im just glad I have three states seperating me from my mom. She will be flying out after the baby is born but she isnt happy about that
  • Im just glad I have three states seperating me from my mom. She will be flying out after the baby is born but she isnt happy about that
  • She can't make the nurses let her in if you say no. Ugh I'm sorry she's being stubborn :(
  • I was pressured. It really sucked. My mom stresses me out and she cried over not being able to be in there, and my husband hates my mom because of hateful things she has said. Then, me and him got in am argument and he said that his mom has to be in there if my mom was or he wouldn't. It was so dumb. But everyone else got their way. I regret it. All my mom did was tell me how bad it was going to hurt.:/

Anyways, ny point is, don't do anything you don't want to.
  • I would never let that happen. That is your and your bf special time with the baby. Don't let anyone make you feel like they have to be there. It's your decision!! You will be so happy if you do it YOUR way!!
  • @littlefae my mom stays 1&half away from me..im thinking im not gonna call her until I absolutely know the bby is coming so then she will probably be getting there either when its over or at the end!

@loveourlittleone I didnt want to hurt her feelings but its just what I want! I dont think she would actually curse out the nurse tho. Gosh...i hope not! Lol
  • @Misty2011 my bf & mother get along great but im afraid that since this is her 1st grandchild then she may try to "steal the shine" from my bf & I dont want that 2 happen. I feel bad that she wants to share this moment & I dont want her 2. I feel selfish but its just my preference tho. I just want it to be OUR moment.
  • Just don't let her. Explain to her that its something that you two want to share with each other and no one else.:) my mom obviously won me over though.(I'm a sucker when people cry)

And my mil steals the shine now. Calling him 'her baby' and giving a 6 month old coke when I asked her not to. He's not old enough you stupid *****. Sorry, haha. Had to let that out. Because she just did it!
  • Just call after baby arrives. That's what we are doing. Mom's worry stresses me out too much!
  • my mom actually snuck in and stood in the corner and cried, with horror on her face. Its the worst memory of my baby girl being born (shes 14 now and I'm still scarred from it). If you dont want your mom in there, tell the nurses, put it in your birthplan, etc. And if the grandma's get upset dont worry...they will get over it as soon as they see the baby.
  • my mom cried when she found out she wasnt going to be in the room .. i felt horrible .. she was there with my first so .. it was ok..
  • I had the same problem. I told everyone who ever doesnt like it I have no problem having security remove them
  • I made it clear very early in my first pregnancy that my husband and I would be the only ones in the room. If it hurts feelings, too bad! It's your first moments with this new life you created..... You and your bd should be able to enjoy it without having to feel like someone is competing for time with the baby. They'll have their time later... And they will get over it, I promise! Good luck!
  • I'm the total opposite lol idc who's in the room as long as my fiance and Mom are there. His Mom is coming up, but I'm not sure when. I wouldn't mind if she were in there either. I must be weird haha
  • I love my bf dearly but i NEED my mom in there with me getting on my nerves. She's my bestfriend. Maybe I'm weird but as long as she there I couldn't care less. But his mom and sister gonna be there also (which I don't mind).
  • @Cristinalynn lol I'm weird with you I didn't care who was in the room. My mom didn't wanna be in there bc she hates seeing me hurt (I made her be there for my first) my mil said the same thing but later o found out She was. Waiting for me to ask her to be in the room lol. It ended up being my hubby and his sis who asked at the last minute :) and I loved it She was great! I have awesome pics bc of her
  • I understand that. My Mother-in-Law was completely convinced that she was going to be in the delivery room with us. I had already spoke to my husband about that, and let him know that I didn't want anyone but the doctor, nurses, and him in the room when she was born, that bonding time was very important to me. I told her that I wanted to get the bonding time, but that we would send her pictures immediately, and then let her know when she could come in.

We had some complications at birth so we weren't able to send her pictures right away and she just continued calling and wanting to come in, however, my husband just put his foot down and told her that I was out of it, and needed some time to bond with Eiralynne before everyone came in to hold her.