Help! Anyone work on their feet all day or just know how to relieve back pain?

edited September 2011 in Third Trimester
I work in fast food so I'm constantly on my feet, I sit down when I can, but by the end of a 9 hour shift I feel like my whole body is falling apart. I can get through the first five hours fine usually, but after that it's like I'm dying! Does anyone else deal with this or know how to make it easier on my joints? It's usually my lower back, neck, and feet that hurt. My back is the worst though! I just got home from work so I might pass out and not respond to anyone until morning!

Comments

• edited September 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Yoga for sure or warm bath with Epson salt
  • @lmelanson really? I'll have to try that! I meant to sign up for a yoga class in like June... but I never did lol
  • Have you tried a maternity belt? That helped me a lot
  • Have u maybe thoughtabout insoles for your shoes u can get them @the walmart but they r a little pricey 50 bucks, but my husband swears by them he works on concrete all day and is up and down ladders and most days comes home w more energy than I have.
  • I have had a lot of pressure in my lower back n hips my entire pregnancy! I just started taking a birthing class and my teacher taught us to wrap some sort of cloth like a sheet around your hips and tie it tight...it will relieve some pressure. Also if u get a yoga ball (birthing ball) sitting on that helps me too. And if u go on all fours n tilt your pelvis or have some one squeeze ur hips together it relieves some pressure. Or of course a warm bath n nice massage from ur bf/bd :) Hope this helps!!!
  • Yeah a massage always helps me especially when my hubby rubs my back or feet with the warming oil. And letting the warm water from the shower hit my back. I also have used the belly band in my previous pregnancy and that also helped. I wish you luck I hope y OK y find what works best for you:)
  • Im not on my feet alot but when mine does hurt I like a cold pack .
  • I worked as a sales associate at a hotel gift shop and I was on my feet all day and all night my feet and back were killing me!!! I told my doc and she recommended this belly belt they sell at babies r us and it helps lift your belly so it doesn't put pressure on your back it helped alot
  • I agree you should look into a good maternity belly support band. I'm a nurse so not only am I on my feet all day and moving patients (most much heavier than me) but I do it all wearing an unbelievably heavy and hot double-lined lead apron because I'm around radiation. I would die without the back and belly support. Mine is the one that is 3 pieces that velcros around your back and over and below the belly. It was $39.99 at Motherhood and worth every penny. Hth.
  • Definitely warm bath xx
  • @cupcake22 I've. Never heard of that before, how long do they last?
    @angie87 @grissy_barria @mommyrn I got one of the ones from target, it sucks! I guess I'll have to go buy a nicer one lol
    @brttnywstn14 @cfa @marci I love the warm water in the shower lol. My bf gives pretty bad massages, but he's learning haha :)
  • Better shoes or insoles. Warm bath. Gentle massage or rub.
  • I think I know which one from target Ur talking about and that's not a support belt I got one from berlington for $20 and I saw the same one at babies r us I think it was also $20 or $25 its a Medela brand