i'm sick of my mom and mil fussing at us cause of what we decided to name our son!

2»

Comments

• You all have chosen great names for your children and the thoughts of everyone else should not matter. My husband and I have chosen to not tell but a few people what the name of our daughter is going to be until I give birth, and just tell the initials in case anyone wants to do monogrammed gifts for us. I just can't wait to meet little Emma:) best of luck.
  • We are naming our daughter Marlie and we get weird looks and ppl asking why we are naming our child a dog name.. I believe you can name a dog any name.. My FIL gave us crap about it so I told him next dog I get im naming him todd (my FILs name) he shut up after that.. we LOVE the name and we are stickin to it. my sister named her son faizon and we are getting more hell then she did.
  • @mommyb3 we named our daughter Charlotte but call her Charlie..we love "boy" names for girls...some our family hates that we call her Charlie, they say she is a girl so They aren't going to call her Charlie
  • just tell them the same thing i tell people about stuff like that. (our family is very judgemental and are always bitching about something related to our children) IF YOU WANT A SAY IN HOW THE CHILD IS RAISED OR THEIR NAMES GO HAVE A BABY YOUR DAMN SELVES!!!!! usually shuts them up ;-)
  • Damien is a nice name. To make you feel a little better a guy my dad knew named his kids Lucifer Damien, now that's a problem. You should tell them you'll name him that they'll feel better about the name Damien after that.
  • Yup. Named my daughter Ivy and all I heared was my daughter was gonna be a slut or called poison Ivy. I stuck to my guns and named her Ivy Jada Lynn Frame. You should stick to yours too. The daughter I'm carrying is gonna be named Victoria Adelina Marie Giaia Emert. She gets three middle names because she is the third child
  • There were 3 people who had an (worthy) opinion on our sons name... My husband, myself and our 5 year old daughter... We chose Anthony Robert which is both our grandpas names so it wasnt a 'big' deal with family but it wouldnt matter to us anyhow if it was...
  • If my daughter was going to be a boy his name would have been Anakin Skye Emert
  • my mom had a hard time with my younger sons name just bc it wasnt "mexican"enough and my Grandma wouldnt be able to pronounce it his name is Aiden and i am sorry but there will be no Jose's or Pedro's coming out of me lmao!! but it irritates me that while were at family functions they ask "what his name" and i say AIDEN so they call him "Adrian" but in spanish and my poor boy doesnt respond bc it isnt his name lol he looks around like who me? lol but oh well atleast they dont ridicule his name
  • Damian is a freakin cute name!! wtf is their shit!? I would seriously tell them to fuck off, cuz thats just stupid. I haven't gotten shit yet for our son's name Adrian but who knows? I don't think everyone in my family know what Im naming him yet. But seriously... just no, thats so not right.
  • "Nicely" let them know that they have already had there kids & now its your turn! If they want to pick names then they can have more children! Lol. Thats what I had to do!
  • This is part of the reason why my husband and I do not share and will not share names with anyone until we give birth! I'm not pregnant yet but we have names chosen already. Lol
  • @damiens_mommy Lol we have talked about this before! cuz we are both naming our boys Damien.... My mil hasn't said anything but my parents were telling me they won't call him Damien. They have gotten over it. I haven't had an easy pregnancy so every time something happens every one is like " that's what you get for banningy him Damien" people think I'm insane cuz if it was a girl I had picked there name Reagan.... I guess that was the name of the possessed girl in the exorcist... I've never seen any of these movies! our son is gonna be Damien Logan and whoever doesn't like it can suck it!
  • @gsmommy
    yea thats what my and my hubby families say. But i LOVE boys names for girls too! Plus Ryenn is my brothers middle name but spelled Ryan. And i was trying to use a name we liked within our families.
  • I like it! My sons name is Kain and I had so many stupid,,,rude people make rude comments! I don't care I love it
  • My 16 yr old nephews name is Damien and he's a great kid! :)