Anyone had there membraines stripped?

edited September 2011 in Labor
And it worked. I had mine done yesterday and I have lost a little more mucous plug. And some achy cramps in my back and some light contractions and pelvic pain but nothing MAJOR! I'm 39.1 today I want to have him soon anyway to help the stripping to progress me more.

I'm a 2 and 50% as of yesterday..

And suggestions, ideas?

Comments

• edited September 2011
    I did..but still pregnant..but I think it works when your more dialated(maybe,totally not sure)..like 3-5...Cus I think was close to 2 when she did it..I hope Ive dialated some more since my last check up..i really don't wanna be induce or have a c-section (39+5)
  • My midwife checked me last week at 35 weeks...and unintentionally stripped my membranes while checking the position of the baby. I was dilated to a 1 and 30% effaced. The day after I lost a large portion of my mucus plug. I had all the same symptoms of you I went back today had contractions every 10 minutes for a few hours last night. Today I was dilated to a 2 and 60% effaced. So I'm making progress not sure if her stripping me caused it or what.
  • I had mine done last week at 38 weeks...lost some pieces of mucus plug over the weekend but so far that is it. I hope she will try to do it again this week...btw 2 cm and 100% effaced...
  • Does it hurt when they strip the membranes. I am 39+2 and wont do mine until next tuesday.
  • I had it done 3 times and it hasn't worked yet. I'm 40wks +5days. :-(
  • I had mine done or the third time yest n I have the same thing u do..ugh. Im 4cms, 80%, -1. 39wks1day. Good luck!!
  • I had mine done with my first and went walking all day then later that night my water broke
  • I had mine 1.5 hours ago. Lost my plug and having mild contractions! Am 40 weeks 2cm dialated and effaced. Think my little one on her way!! X
  • Well that sucks lol I was hoping for some better results. Bleh well crap! :) I wanted to go on my own before my induction date on the 26th.. poo

Well I wish all you ladies the best of.luck with yours!

@lucy76 I wouldn't say it hurts, but its definitely VERY uncomfortable. Lots and lots of pressure.

@padda28 well I hope you have better results! Good luck mama :)
  • Kinda, I got checked and the nurse barely stripped my membranes, and I with in an hour went from 1cm no effacement to almost a 3 70% effaced. Im going to try to convince my ob to strip them tomorrow fully and get this shit goin.
  • @sunshinelove well I hope that happens for me. Atleast progress me a little.:) I will be induced next Monday anyway but I'd like to go on my own or atleast be a little more... "ready" :) good luck to you tho
  • I just had mine done an hour ago and lost some of my plug and having mild contractions. Im 2cm dilated today and 50% effaced and cervix softened. I think it will happen, I feel different.
  • My dris going to strip my membranes next week. She asked if it was possible to have sex with my husband soon after because that usually helps jumpstart things. Needless to say my husband doesn't mind having to take an afternoon off ;-)
  • edited September 2011
    @Tanners_Mommy i had my membranes swept on friday sep 16th I was 1 1/2 cm dilated 50% effaced had my bloody show that night. woke up sat morning with really bad contractions then they stopped i lost the rest of my mucus plug sat. sunday afternoon my water broke and i was then 2cm dilated and had my daughter monday (sept 19) at 2:59am so it worked for me but after i got them swept i ate fresh pineapple and sat. i walked a lot .

GOOD LUCK MAMA
  • edited September 2011
    Thanks @ahendricks09 I had it done Monday and had some contractions and lost a little of my mucous plug yesterday. Then it all stopped. But today I had my bloody show I think when I woke up there was a lot of yellowish brown mucous with very light finish streaks through out. I've been having some decent contractions the last few hours and backache. I'm getting ready to start timing them, they seem to be getting a tad closer and a little more uncomfortable :) I hope this means I'm progressing and will have my little one soon :) they were roughly 15 min apart about 2 hours ago..:) wish me luck and list of labor dust
  • @Tanners_Mommy sending you labor dust .. since its late walk around your house and if you have stairs go up and down them sounds foolish i thought so too but my mom told me too and it really got my cramping to turn into bad contractions but then i got tired and stopped and 20 mins later they stopped but the nxt day my water broke

oh and after i got my membranes swept i washed the car lol
  • Lol good ideas I forgot about stairs.. I'm bouncing on my ball right now :) I am gonna walk around my yard and up and down my deck stairs for a little bit :) lol

And I just cleaned my car from top to bottom like 4 days ago and put baby boys seat in there :) lol
  • I had mine done today im 3cm nd I have been having lower back pain that doesnt let me sleep my dr said to call her tomoro if I dont diliver I will be induced im bearly 40weeks