Tired of ppl saying I cant

The people around me allways sayin you aint going to be able to breastfeed. Gurl dont even think about natural you cant this you cant that girl child please we gone see im tired of it and its pissing me off.

Comments

• Ah that's really horrible! Of course you can, it takes work and isn't the easiest thing at first but there is no reason you can't do it! Don't listen to them!!!!!!
  • Cus you can't..hehe jkjk..
    there just mad Cus they couldn't and want you to fail at it to..duh its hard..and its tiring..but you'll get the hang of it and do great :)
  • @nameless , @littlenat86 yea I know and the pain can be unbarable I even know that and this is my 1st so I have no clue but its just all the time they are constant with it not a time that I c them goes by that they dont mention it but yea they just mad they couldnt it just angers me like dang u already said it fifty times
  • Wtf who & why in the world would anyone tell you that u can't BF or go all natural!?
  • @rizzychicky it seems like it just gives them something to talk about they all say girl you crazy alrite we gone see watch you gone start hollering and gone give in and bf gone hurt and you gone give up just watch u gone c ugh man it erks
  • If it hurts it generally means the baby is latched on wrong, it shouldn't hurt!! I got a great midwife after I gave birth who helped me to breastfeed straight away, hopefully you will have access to someone like that who can give you advice at the hospital! Get some nipple cream with lanolin and start using it in the 3rd trimester (sorry don't know how far you are), it will prepare your nipples as they can get dry and sore and maybe that's the pain you are thinking of. If that is the case you can always use nipple shields too. I still can't believe people have been so mean to you!!
  • I dont care what any of the books say, the lactation consultant confirmed that Daniel was latched perfectly, and it still hurt like a bitch, they chapped and they bled. I think it has something to do with the saliva, like when you lick your lips too much. But I just toughed my way through it, even though my boyfriend and his family kept trying to assure me that I could quit, and were even a little weirded out that I plan on breastfeeding past 6 months. The first little bit was so hard, and now its so wonderful. You can do it, not just because youre tough, but because it makes you feel amazing!
  • If it hurts talk to a lc cause for me it hurt but its cause I have flat nipples. Im glad I have a good support system and live in florida cause florida is one of the best state for breastfeed. They have laws to protect breastfeeding mothers
  • @CaptainMorgaine lol you should tell they your bfing for 2 years!! I bet the expresstion would be priceless!!
  • @CaptaineMorgaine yeah that's the only pain you should get though, when you get sore nipples. I meant the act of breastfeeding shouldn't hurt. Hope you aren't in that pain anymore! Well done for keeping going!
  • 37 + 5 and thank you so much is that what the cream is called? @littlenat86
  • I'm in the UK so think we will prob have different brands but you want one with lanolin in it. You can use it while breastfeeding too, completely safe for baby. I'm 34+4 and got mine a couple of days ago, not started using it just yet! Mines by medela its called purelan 100 and is just 100% lanolin (*)
  • I bf for a year n two months :)
    U can do.it!!!! Maybe it was just me but it was easy. We will c this time around how easy or hard it will.b
  • Just arm yourself! Find a good support system like an LC, la leche league leader, midwife, doula as soon as baby is born. I too live in one of the better states for breastfeeding, one of the highest plus great laws.
  • Nope, my nipples toughened up, thankfully. :) And I do want to breastfeed for two years. Boyfriend knows now just not to say anything.
  • I know what you mean, everyone is telling me I won't be able to breastfeed. They say its going to hurt to bad or your to young. I told my Dr. that I wanted to try to birth all natural but she said maybe if it was my 2nd baby but not my first. Urggg!!!! I wish people would just give me a chance instead of being negative all of the time.
    Sorry for venting on your post.
  • I know EXACTLY what you mean. I want to punch people. I said I want a natural birth no drugs nothing all I hear is you can't do it. You're gonna beg for an epidural. That's a dumb choice. Shut the f up. Its my choice. Or I wanna bf and I hear you won't be able to. It hurts you can't handle it. Um bitch wtf do you know about what I can handle and can't handle. Stfu! Grr it irks me. Sorry for my vent lol.