Someone help please. My LO is sooo unhappy

edited September 2011 in Health
Oh my goodness. Lillith has been whinny and clingy all day long. She wants to eat, but she doesn't want to eat. She refuses to sleep until she's completely worn herself to the point she literally can no longer hold her eyes open. She wants to be held but she doesn't want to be held. She doesn't have a fever. She's burped out. IDK what's wrong. Nothing is making her happy. She's doing a lot of crying. Things will make her happy for a little bit but then it changes to something else. For instance she'll be fine with being held for about 30 minutes but then she gets pissed and doesn't want to be held. Etc etc. Anyone have any help on this? IDK what to do. I might never sleep again if she stays like this.

Comments

• Yikes. Idk what to think about that...srry I'm no help

Bump
  • Have you tried swaddling her? Or do you have a moby wrap or something?
  • Does she have gas? Give her gas drops and lay her on her tummy.
  • How old is she? My pedi said babies get fussy at 3+ wks. Give mylicin(sp?).

My Malia does that, i have to hand her off to daddy, or i get frustrated when my work doesnt suffice her. But i dont give her the medicine cause i myself dont like medicine.
  • Around 3-4 weeks my daughter was like that. It was EXHAUSTING!!! Unfortunately, not much advice other than keep switching it up, car rides were best for us, so keep experimenting with what works most frequently. And hold in there. She will out grow it!
  • have you check her mouth for thrush? maybe shes colicy(sp sorry)
  • Its probably gas, so try some gas drops but I would call her pediatrician jus to let them check her out, babies are so fragile & u can never be to sure!
  • It could possibly be reflux. My ds had it and it was just awful until we got him on Zantac. I hated giving daily meds to a 2mo old but it really helped. He was on it for ~2 mos total. Your pedi can assess for this. Hth
  • She just went to the dr on the 20th and she was checked for thrush because she was beginning to get a raw spot around her neck. She gave me some medicine to prevent yeast from happening. I'm horrible at swaddling though. It never ever works. She can get her hands out and from there it's all down hill. I have both gas drops and this stuff called Gripe Water that is supposed to help with gas, hiccups, upset stomach etc. but I'm trying to avoid using any medicine. I don't want to use medicine(unless it's really needed like the yeast preventative) unless it's really needed. My pedi isn't in on wkends. I'd have to call the hospital. If she's still this bad or worse over the night or tomorrow I will call the hospital as a last resort. I will def be calling the pedi monday though. I was just hoping that someone had gone through this and managed to get their baby to calm down and actually go to sleep.
  • My son was same ..his was reflux also!!!
    also on zantac but is a new calm baby!!!
  • I didn't think about reflux. I'll bring it up when I call the pedi office Monday.
  • It may be colic, which can be exhausting. My daughter usually had it in the evening, like 9:00 to midnight. Hopefully it is over for this evening. Things we tried, on advice of friends and internet search: walking tummy to tummy with a front pack, chamomile tea with a little sugar, different drops for fussiness/gas in infants, driving baby around in car plus those mentioned.
  • My baby was like this all week last week and his Pedi told me that it was a growth spurt feed him on demand and try to comfort him. I was patient and tried everything from a bath to a car ride. It will pass it only lasted a couple of days but those were the longest days of my life.
  • My son is acting just like that! He's got thrush :( nothing is calming him but he started his meds today. He's with grandma tonight I needed a break. Just feed on demand and that gripe water does really help with gas and fussy babies.
  • There is such thing as silent reflux as well