baby stuff that you buy but never used...unesesary items.

2»

Comments

• Not sure as I'm not due for 6days but my sister always put baby powder in my nephews nappy after his bath, stopped him from getting sweaty down there :D by the sound of things I'm so glad I've just bought a swing!
  • So.. dumb question.. my son will be born in november.. winter in Utah can be brutal, so does he need mittens to keep his fingers warm, even if we're just walking to and from the car?
  • @3pawgio you could swadle him really good whit the blankets or buy log sleve shirts whit the mittens atach
  • @pawgio I would get some cause thier cute!! But as long as his hands are covered with a blanket or something he should be fine.. If you're out and about I might invest in some....
  • edited September 2011
    @pawgio I live in Western, NY and we get tons of lake effect snow and brutal winters too. I mainly took her out in her infant car seat, so I used a JJ Cole Bundle Me (the heavier one), made sure she had a hat, and I covered the car seat with a thick blanket...she was plenty warm. If I took her out of the infant car seat to go in a place I just used a bunting...they almost always have hand covers that fold over their hands like gloves, a hood, and foot covers. Old Navy has them pretty cheap.
  • @2girls_1boy @lilbit01_209 @dreamaria thanks ladies :) I'll probably buy a few pairs, I'm sure I'll lose them though, I'll probably stick to blankets and clothes with mittens, @dreamama what's jj cole bundle me? And bunting? I'm so clueless lol..
  • edited September 2011
    @pawgio a bunting is basically a jacket for baby, but it's like a sack. If you get one make sure it has sepertated legs or an opening for the car seat buckle. Heres an example http://m.gap.com/product.html?dn=gp859055002&dv=0&shopid=0&pdn=gc8772 like I said, cheaper at Old Navy...I got my daughters on sale for $12.99
    The bundle me is basically a car seat liner that zips up to function like a blanket or bunting. http://jjcolecollections.com/original-bundleme they have a lite version, which will not do the trick in winters like we have, so be sure to get the correct one.
  • I wanted to use those mittens last time, because my daughter was always scratching her face, but they fell off! I am super excited this time, I found onesies that have fold over sleeves for her to wear!

• @dreamaria oh! I think I have one of those cover things lol.. should I get more then one bunting? Looks like I'm going to old navy next week!
  • edited September 2011
    @pawgio the BundleMe is great it keeps them so warm, but you can unzip it while they are in the car, which is nice...that way they don't get too hot. I only had one bunting...I don't think you'll need more.

To be honest, I only used the bunting a handful if times b/c it was easier to carry her around in the infant car seat. The BundleMe was so warm, I didn't need to put a bunting on her too. That way she was covered, I didn't need to wake her up if she was sleeping, and if I wanted to taker her out wherever we were going, I always had somewhere to put her down if she fell asleep...I could just put her back in the car seat. Some of my friends just carried their babies in their arms and only used a bunting. So, think of how you will be carrying the baby when you are out that way you won't waste money on things you won't use.
  • @dreamaria I'll probably carry my car seat around everywhere, I want to be able to set him somewhere if I need to. Thanks mamma :)
  • I actually did use mittens and my pediatrician made me put the on my daughter her first couple of months because she would scratch her face alot!! I would cut her nails every other day I think the things that are unnecessary are the wipe warmer bottle warmer diaper genie changing table and idk why use bumpers on the crib if it is dangerous because of SIDS
  • for me its the baby carrier that u wear like a front facing backpack... my son doeant like it and it hurts my back anyway, and I've never found one occasion where I've needed it. u can't use it will trying. to clean or vaccume, to much bending to have it on. and same as everyone I've never used baby powder. the hats and mittens were pointless as he was born in may. he has yet to use his crib because he sleeps with me but its a converting crib and will definitley use it soon, and when its time for a toddler bed it turns into one. the stroller part of the travel system would be useful but i live upstairs and its so hard for me to get it up n down its so heavy so i don't use it as much as i want to. and for my son binkies were a waste he only liked them the first month then decided he doesn't like them. that'd all i can think of now
  • Baby powder, vaseline, mittens, swings, nb tshirts, rarely use hats, lots of clothes, hair accessories lol, bottle warmer, tons of bottles, electric breast pump, nipple cream, mobile, baby shoes, hmm I can't think of anything else right now. Maybe when I go through her stuff this weekend I will
  • @jazzi89 i use vaseline to take her temp. lol
  • Breast pump used once , plug in.room temp .. bottle warmer baby oil, powder..baby brush yet ..

Use mitts all time his nails grow super quick and changing unit is a blessing for out of bath and changing safes the bc ... and help loads coz of c section no bending
  • @Proudmommy8789 I cnt do rectal...yikes
  • I use most of the things that are being hated on here! Lol Wipe warmer, bottle warmer, changing table, mittens.....I agree with @kingsmama about the diaper organizer..I keep the diapers on the shelf of my changing table! :))