baby stuff that you buy but never used...unesesary items.

Or you don't used that much?

Ok for me baby mittens
Baby oil
Baby powder

Comments

• Change table is rarely used, beaniei didn't really over buy so not alot
  • edited September 2011
    Wipe warmer
    Bottle warmer
    Baby powder
    Mittens
    Hats (until winter but they ain't gon be newborn lol)

When she's hungry, can't wait for a bottle warmer- run the bottle under hot faucett water. And when her butt is poopy, can't look for the wipe warmer- warm the wipe in your hands lol.

Changing table too. But now that I think about it, the crib was unnecessary too. She has her own room, where her crib is and until she gets older it is unnecessary.
  • @bummy87 lol I don't even buy one :))
  • Bottle warmer. Bb powders good for hot dayss.
  • @huneybee baby powder is never on hand when I needed
  • Definatly true n i hav a boy so leaving a naked boy undiapered for 5 seconds while i run to get bb powder is a catastophe. Lol
  • Wipe warmer, baby oil, baby powder. Items I use a ton: bottle drying rack, changing table, swing,bath products, diaper genie
  • EiralynnesMommy hurray for bottle drying racks!!!
  • the mittens were a joke..his little hands were too small then they werent needed! the baby oil abd baby powder have never been touched! and that damn wipie warmer just dried those wipes right up!

things i do like having....
    changing table (totally saves my back from stooping)
    boppy nursing pillow (again saves my back)
    drying rack
    and the diaper genie! (i dont care what some ppl say I LOVE that thing!)
    oh and footie pajamas for baby (b/c our house is COLD) :)
  • Wipe warmer!! Waste of $20. Mittens. We lost more of those things than pacifiers.

Swings are freaking amazing!
  • @vanalkr I bought a Bunch of those footies baby will born on the cold so definitively helpful
  • @kayleigh27 I hate I loose all the binkies is like I need insurance on them
  • Mittens, wipe warmer, baby powder and baby oil. We got so many bath sets with shampoo and stuff that my daughter is 4 months and I havent ever had to buy any yet.
  • @navybabyonway you lucky you remind me I got to buy shampoo for my Lil one
  • things i love and use all the time since last Thursday..hehe
    -boppy pillow -swaddle SleepSack
    -breast pump -breast cream

things I know or most likely won't use
    -nail clippers w/magnifying glass
    -I can't think of anything right now :/
  • @nameless really the nail clipper I was not expecting tba one that makes me think
  • I hate losing socks!!!!!!!!

But on a different note. ..we didnt use crib right away ...wipe warmer, bby powder, diaper genie sucked, bouncer

Luv the swing, boppy, n johnny jump up was awesome
  • Ur not supposed to use baby powder. Highly not recommended bc the powder can get in.babies lungs I guess
  • I use my changing table and genie the mittens I shouldn't have bought so many of I used them the first week and a half the bottle warmer is rarely used at all my swing is a god send I love the drying rack too I use baby oil before brushing his hair the crib its just decoration and so is the bassinet
  • I agree with the other ladies. Mittens were a joke. Baby oil and Baby powder...never used.

I got a ton of receiving blankets and never used them. My daughter didn't like to be swaddled...she didn't even like the,swaddle sacks.

Microwave sterilizer. A pot of boiling water did the trick.

Those pacifer clips. The ones you attach the pacifier to and then attach to the baby. I read somwhere they were strangulation hazard, so I never used them.

Lanolin ointment. My own milk worked better.

Gripe water. Used it once and it didn't work, so I didnt try it again.

Bumbo. I used it a handful of times. Maybe b/c it was with my first child, so I wanted to hold her all the time. Maybe I'll use it mire with this baby.

Bumper (the pillow type) and crib blanket/comforter. I didn't know that the pillow type bumpers were not recommended when I registered. I didn't find out until after DD was born, so we bought a breathable bumper to use instead. The crib blanket was a huge waste...never used it.

Standard mobile. The type that you wind up. It didn't last long enough...maybe 2 minutes. I ended up buying a battery operated one that could be set for longer time periods.

• So we have all agree in some items

Mittens
    Baby oil
    Baby powder
    Bottle warmer

For any kind of reason I just buy basic stuff like
    Crib
    Breast pump
    Bottles
    Blankets (not recibing blankets)
    Clothes
    Bibs
    Burp clothes
    Wash clothes
    Bottles
    Crib bedding
    Plenty white onesis
    Bath tub
    Carseat
    Snap and go or stroller
    Bottle brush
    Binkies (paci)

I never have a baby shower so everything is by me or hb so did don't get nuts when I'm shopping LOL

I have baby oil and baby powdER SINCE EVER SO I DON'T waste my time buying one

• We actually used mittens for a while on my daughter. Mainly because he nails grew wicked fast, like cut them twice a day fast and she would scratch herself. But once those hormones died down and they didnt grow so fast we only put them on at certain times. Like someone said baby oil is good for cradle cap but you can use lotion instead and its less greasy feeling. My hubby doesnt like the wipe warmer cause he says 'it spoils the baby to the point where when you do have to change with a colder one they get upset more then they should' and the bottle warmer kinda the same thing and it also started getting bad hot spots from build-up that couldnt be reached very well.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I lovr my wipe warmer! But I use cloth wipes. And I use my bottle warmer. Which I can use to heat baby food up.

I dont use the scratch mittens, baby powder, baby oil
  • Good thing I didnt buy any baby oil or powder...but I did buy a bunch of mittens! Lol
  • I love the mittens...even when I cut and file down her nails she still cuts her face. So I use them all the time.
  • I agree with said above items. I also will NEVER again use the thermometer stick ons I got. They tore my sons skin off and it wad red for days. Plus they r hard to use and a regular one under the ARM seems faster. I also never use the diaper organizer by my changing table. I pile it up next to it lol. It's too hard to get each item from each little net or pocket lol.
  • Used the mittens a lot. My son always had that lil hand by his face & scratched himself twice. I used baby powder on him, he broke out so bad without it! Also used it (and am again) under my boobs where they get sweaty. I made shorter binky clips. I also used the clippers with the magnifying glass thing. The bouncer was just for show along with the swadler things. The wipe warmer heated the wipes too hot, so it was not used. The bottle warmer frustrated me, too hot or too cold & took way too long!