Getting waxed?

edited September 2011 in Pregnant
Anyone know if getting the whoo haa waxed before labor and delivery is okay? Im seriously thinking about it, since everyone's face is going to be down there, not to mention i hate dealing with hair and blood down there... eww. & if in the case i have to have a c-section they are going to shave me really fast anyways and i dont want them cutting me up down there.. I was wondering if any of you mom's have had it done before baby and everything was okay? Ive never had it waxed but i have my eye brows and legs so i know what type of pain im looking at. & do you think it could send me into pre-term labor? because i deff dont want that! Im only 33 weeks he's got a while to cook still :) Any advice is appreciated!

Comments

• When u get waxed while pregnant ur hormones make your skin more sensitive and may react much different than normal ....just be careful
  • Idk i went nearly bush lol and everybody was so super excited and proud of me that they really werent noticing a hairy muff lol.
  • @huneybee thats whats going on right now, i cant see it anymore! my son is so low and if i move my belly outta the way i run out of breath lol. Ugh! LOL im super scared they're gonna cut me up at the hospital if they do it, then again im nervous that if i get waxed ill have some weird reaction...@augustbaby
  • They told me they prefer that you don't. Less risk of getting an infection.
  • I just shaved real good before I went so they didn't do anything crazy!!!
  • @augustbaby Lol how did you see? I cant go by feel because im scared ill cut myself and not know it. @vtmamajuju your doctor said that or the wax people?
  • I have been thinking about doing the same thing but am kinda shy about it :">
  • I've read before that if you shave before delivery it can cause infection. I don't know about waxing.

But, I shaved about two days before, so it wasn't perfect because I was getting prickly.
  • I've read before that if you shave before delivery it can cause infection. I don't know about waxing.

But, I shaved about two days before, so it wasn't perfect because I was getting prickly.
  • I'm 32 weeks and I have still waxed my whole pregnancy no problems, just make sure if you get waxed its a super clean place and if its your first time Idk if it could send you into labor?
    Maybe your husband/bf/bd could shave you?
  • edited October 2011
    I got mines waxed 2 weeks ago & it felt the same way it felt the first time i got it done wen i wasnt preggo... my OBGYN saw it & said it was ok... if ur unsure ask one of ur nurses... havent gone into labor yet but atleast i feel cleaner.... it was getting like a jungle down there LOL good luck :)
  • @firsttimeoct_mom no doubt on the jungle lol! @Twinmamatobe wish I could trust him enough to do that lol..
    I think I'll ask my nurses and wait for a few more weeks in case something crazy happens like it sending me into pre term labor. I just hope it doesn't hurt extremly bad... Lol
  • I got waxed 2 weeks ago and not due until end of month. Things look good...better than it has in awhile lol!!...and doctor didn't say anything to me.
  • I have sometime to go but I get waxed. If you want to minimize pain and time on the table make sure ur waxing place does hard wax. They put that on you lips and snatch all one time. My last was the best and fastest of all time and boy was I hairy. Going to go again for my maternity photos and right before delivery.
  • edited October 2011
    About how long does it take to grow back when you get waxed? @kteebeth @firsttimeoct_mom @nelsbrandon
  • For me abt 2 months b4 it grows fully in...
  • I was prickly when I had my csection, but they said that was good enough, they didnt need to shave me. Although now I wonder if they would have done a good job...
  • I'm only 20 weeks, so I can still see down there, but... I've been thinking about using my husband's electric when I can't see... is that bad or weird? :">
  • I wanted to but I think I would feel guilty spending over 50$ when I could use that $ for diapers or something for my baby
  • I shaved hrs before induction I had no invention although i have always wanted a brazilian wax
  • I was thinking of doing the same thing since I don't like being bushy down there. I called 4 different placesand they all told m they don't do waxes down there once u r in ur third trimester b/c they don't want to be responsible for something happening to u while u r getting waxed
  • It takes awhile to grow back. But when it does, it starts out by growing sparsely. Something more manageable_
  • I.got my hb shaving me :))
  • I'm due in three weeks and got waxed earlier this week. I got a brazilian and love it, it looks great and I don't have to worry about some nurse shaving me. I was a bit more sensitive down there then normal for bout a day but now everything is great. And none of the waxing ladies have ever heard of someone going into preterm labor cuz of a wax, they said preggos are some of their regular clients.
  • I shaved like 3-4 hours before and no infection or anything I was perfectly fine. So you should be okay with waxing.
  • Okay ladies I have always shaved & still do even though I cant see im just a pro at it I guess lol but I didnt know u could get a infection I cant stand hair dwn there