What can I take?

edited October 2011 in Health
Im 39wks and I caught a cold. What can I take that'll help. Im trying to avoid pills, does anybody know natural home remedies that are safe?

Comments

• Lots of fluids!
  • Netti pot...its just saline and completely safe!! I used my entire pregnancy! !
  • Honey and lemon makes great throat soothers, and honey also helps with coughs :) hope you feel better soon!
  • @augustbaby Where can I get that? And is it like a thera flu?

@blessedbe_x3 Honey lemon tea? Or just together itself?
  • Boil water and place your face above it while it's boiling takes away some of the decongestion
    Or tons of layers and wrap up and sweat sweat sweat! Hope u feel better
  • @Mybabe Oh gurl I tried covering myself and I burn up lol but Im going to do that again tonight and try the boiling water. Thank you!
  • Orange juice!! Worked for me
  • Just regular honey, if you like honey just eat a spoon full of honey.
  • Put a small pot of water to boil, and place a small glass cup inside with two to three tablespoons of honey, let it warm up for about a minute, squeeze a lemon in the honey, mix for a couple more minutes, don't let it burn and drink it as a syrup as hot as you can stand it :) it works miracles!!!
  • I agree with the honey and lemon drink and if you do the inhaling over a bowl of hot water put a little decongestant in it!!
  • Honey and garlic is good too. Kids vit c but no more than 200mg
  • Thanks mamas. Im try everything you guys are telling me. My DD is in 6 days or maybe even less and Im not trying to be sick for that!
  • No..its a saline solution...it is poured thru your sinuses. Like a rinse...kinda nasty but will help alot!!! Any drug store has them!!