Why i dont circumcise (not a debate, just a story)

This is very much true info, I got most of this on a fact sheet from my own kids pediatrician :)
This is not a debate, just a good story
http://www.thewholenetwork.org/14/post/2011/10/why-my-son-is-not-circumcised.html

Comments

• I have decided not to do it if I have a boy
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Well I post this before my hubby it's getting a fore skin restoration so who the he'll I'm to cut my son penus
  • this makes me nervous....
    my husband and i have decided to have our son circumsied...we have not had the procedure done...my son was born with chordee so the skin around his penis is too tight and has the tip pulled down...he will have to have surger to correct this...the surgery is pretty much an extensive circumsision....so even if i changed my mind i would not have a choice for this has to be done. its not anything that will affect him health wise now...but when hes older it cna interfere with sex and i would rather have it fixed now while hes little than him have problems as a grown man...and possibly have a harder surgery.

therfore reading this information scares me...i worry about it but do know i can ask much more with our doctor to be sure its taken care of correctly.
  • edited October 2011
    Thanks for posting!! I think a lot of women just do it cuz they think they're 'supposed to' and have these crazy ideas that its cleaner and girls won't want to have sex with them drilled into them from society instead of doing a little research and using common sense! The foreskin is there to protect the penis...if it wasnt supposed to be there it wouldn't be. I think its mutilation. It IS mutilation.
  • My first son is circumsized and its a loose circumsicion.. if u take care of it correctly it will be fine! I was scared as hell but his pediatrician showed me exactly how to take care of it, she gave us all of the materials to do so, and if we couldn't handle changing it she would do it if u brought him to the office... I was fine to me and he healed in less than a week with no complications... needless to say, I will be having this one done also...
  • i never really was informed when i had my son...i just thought it was normal everyone in family is and all their sons are circumsized too... my bf would never decide against it. good thing i'm having another girl because after reading this it scares me
  • This one is difficult. I had my son done and have had no issues. His dad was done and very very insistent on having his son done too. I figured I dont have a penis so his dad who does is better able to make that decision. Im now with another partner who is done and didn't have his son done as there is a reasonably large cost involved and he wasn't really worried either way. His son is now 3 and having problems with infection, we keep him extra clean because of the issue, bathing him daily and changing his nappy as soon as he appears damp (he isnt toilet trained because he is in his mothers care majority of the time and she is lazy) and the doctor has said that if it persists and he keeps getting infections they may need to circumcise. When faced with the possibility of getting a 3yo done vs having it done at birth, im so glad my son has been done already. I dont really have a strong opinion either way, I try not to judge other parents and what they choose for their children
  • My husband and I are still debating. I don't want to do it, because I didn't even cut my daughters hair until she was four and expressed to me why she wanted a hair cut..with reasons to back up her want for one...so if I feel that way about hair why on earth would I cut the skin off a penis.
    my husband thinks we should, but I don't think would care either way. His mom told us that she wishes she wouldn't have circumcised her boys.
    Dont even know if baby is a boy yet,
    I think if we do decide to do it, it will be done by a Moehl (sorry if I miss spelt it) and NOT at a hospital.
  • Wow I had my son cut and not but a week ago I noticed the head was trying to adhere back to the shaft. My hubby freaked out so I took him to the pediatrician and she acted like it happens all the time, well I guess it does after reading that! He had a loose circ done too and like I said its trying to adhere to the shaft again. So the pediatrician told me and hubs how to care for and correct it. I feel like a horrible mother because I basically have to jack my own son off twice a day then pull on the head to peel it away from the shaft. His penis has to be hard while doing it so I don't pull too much and break the skin on his shaft open. Each time takes anywhere from 2-5 mins and I'm slowly getting it to release again. I just feel bad for doing it to him to begin with, tho when I do the traction on it he doesn't cry so its not painful for him. I just still feel like a horrible mother child molester that's masturbating her own son! It's obviously not for pleasure but I still feel gross about playing with my sons penis like that everyday til its fixed. Am I over reacting or am I really a sick person for even doing it? I don't want his penis deformed either but I hate touching my son on his private parts in a way they shouldn't be touched :( /cry
  • @kingsmama your not doing anything wrong. He needs you to do what your doing to correct whats already been done. I had no problems with my son so I cant compare, but please dont feel bad, we all do things as parents with good intentions that sometimes dont work out. Welcome to parenthood lol
  • @tinka1326 thanks hun now I don't feel as bad. I still hate doing it and knowing I caused it all. But it has to be done I guess, but I won't do it again if we have another boy. Nobody told us that it could adhere to the shaft again either! My son giggles and smiles at me when I do it tho which creeps me out. Kinda like he enjoys it, I just hope he doesn't remember any of this lol.

Tagging myself to show hubs the site! Thanks for posting this btw op :)
    @Kingsmama
  • @kingsmama im 99.9% sure he wont remember anything and he probably smiles and giggles because its a sensitive area and it tickles. I dont know if I would have chosen differently for my son had I known more of the possible complications, but I did do my research at the time and never found that type of info. But whats done now cant be changed so no point in worrying over it now....
  • @_Kaykes here's the article on circa plz read over all of it. U need to care for it differently than what ur Dr told u prolly. Hope this helps lemme know if u got any ?s as I've went thru this recently and had his head refuse to his shaft :(
  • Great information helped me to finish making my mind up on whether orr not to have this done to my son. Thank you for the information.
    also I am giving it a *bump so others can read it again or see it for the 1st time.
  • edited October 2011
    @Bahamamama4828

Thank you so much for posting this article! I've gone back and forth for months about whether to circumcise my little guy when he gets here, or not. My arguments for doing so were outlined in this article and the writer's responses and logic to each argument were informational, educational, and opened my eyes to my superficial belief that circumcision was probably the way to go. I have now completely changed my mind, as has Daddy and we will not be circumcising our little bundle. I'm so glad you posted such an informative, medically supported article, and that I was able to take the time and read it 6 days before my due date. THANK YOU.
  • im preg with my third boy and will not have him cerced.. none of my boys are.. i believe your born with it.. why should i desterb what nature gave him..
  • So glad this didn't get heated lol east my intentions I just like to post information on debated topics :)
  • wasn't** not east
  • My hubbys not circumcised, but he definetly wants his son to be. I'm leaving it up to him.
  • My son (when/if) I have one will be circumcised
  • When I do have a boy idk what im going to do. But I love this. Thank you for posting. Ill show this to my husband and let him choose
  • just a bump for a pregly :)
  • I never thought much about this since I had a girl, but if I ever have a boy I don't think I will circumcise now. It all makes perfect sense. I know its not nearly as severe but ppl keep asking when I'm gonna pierce my daughters ears and I just don't think it should be up to me! They're her ears not mine! So I don't plan on getting them pierced til she's old enough to ask :)