How long should they last!? (BH)

edited October 2011 in Pregnant
Omg..ive been having bh for the past 8 hours. I mean non stop. My stomach has been rock hard for about 2 hrs straight now. & im having alot of pressure in my back. How long should a single bh last?

Comments

• edited October 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Geesh..this is crazy! I didnt think they were suppose to last this long.
    @2beforgotten
  • How far along are u? I don't think bh are that long
  • Bh should go away, if they become reg they are contractions and don't go away its labor. If you are in pain call doc. Even if it feels minor. My doc said even if I don't think its a big deal to let her know.
  • I get them all throughout the day.. my tummy gets soooo hard
  • BH can keep coming nonstop as long as they are not dilating your cervix. Definitely call the doctor and let them know so you can come in and they can check you. They're gonna say make sure you're drinking lots of water (which you prolly are so it sounds annoying, at least to me). I spent a lot of my pregnancy experiencing continuous bh and when the real contractions came, I knew FOR SURE that they were different and I was in labor. They're much more intense.
  • edited October 2011
    @everyone thanks..they have eased up a little today.

@misspregger6989 every time I call my doc all they ever say is I'm probably dehydrated. I just stop even bothering.
  • edited October 2011
    @teeniemommy lol. My doc told me the same thing but when I let them know they just brush it off. Hope its never anything serious.
  • @mimii36 my dr does the same thing. Its very frustrating. I have bh all the time. And sometimes there are some thats uncomfortably or even hurt. How far are you?
  • @angel26 yes mine hurt often now & come with alot of back pressure. My doc said call if I have more than 4 bh in an hr. When I did..all she said was you probably are just dehydrated or doing too much at wrk. Ugh! Whu did you even tell me to call you?! Im 35+3. I know its too early for labor but you never know.
  • Lol. Mine said 6 in an hour. And most hours I have that many. Lol. But when I ask at my appointments or call they just tell me to drink more. Im 28+6.
  • I'm glad my doc isn't like that. She has scheduled emergency appt to help me or she sends me straight to the ER. I guess I'm lucky to have randomly found a doc like her.
  • If they were labor pains they would progressively increase in intensity and come closer together. But you know your body best and you can tell your doctor that you want an exam to check if you're dilating, if that's what you want. But in all reality, you probably are at least 1 cm being 35 weeks. Idk what else could be the problem and your doctor doesn't seem like much help but it could just be your body getting ready for labor.