Phentermine diet pills?

edited September 2011 in Health
Has anyone ever taken these? If so what were your results? I know they were approved by the FDA and my mom was prescribed them by her doctor, so I'm not worried about them being some kinda crazy diet pill. I wanna loose 10-15 pounds a month until December ...so I want to decide if these will be right for me. ( and no I'm not bf )

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • They worked very well for me, very expensive though. If u can keep a supply for a month or two, u will lose the weight for sure. I made sure to drink plenty of water and would eat lean pockets, lean cuisine, oatmeal, and yogurts and fruits. I have to really remind myself to eat because I didn't have an appetite. No side effects whatsoever. I plan on getting them after the baby and BF'ing for a few months. I would recommend them for sure. Good luck!!
  • They work really good. Take ur appetite & give u energy. If u feel jittery at 1st then try just taking 1/2 until u get used to them. I plan on getting some after bf
  • @rellybelly @momma_Erica @jtmoon98 I'm glad to hear they work great! I've heard its around 30 dollars a month, is that true? And did you ladies get them from a doctor or online?
  • @jtmoon98 @Cait_SeptemberMommy I wish they were $37 a month, it was $20 for a week supply where I went. I will have to research getting them cheaper. F that! LOL
  • @jtmoon98 wow 90 pounds in 6 months! That's really good! Oh I wonder if my obgyn will prescribe them, cause I have an appointment next week. 37 a month isn't bad.

@telly belly yeah 20 a week is a little much
  • What do u tell ur obgyn to get them? Just that u want to lose weight?
  • There are doctors down here that give them to anyone who wants them I am planning on taking mine as soon as I have my baby I love them bc they give me tons of energy
  • @kris100717 Does your regular doctor give them to you or your obgyn?
  • @cait_septembermommy No neither actually there are 2 doctors where I stay who will give them to you even if your not overweight the one dr I go to gives phentermine I was 145 when I started them and lost 20 lbs. But the other dr gives out addipex I havent tried those yet but I heard they are amazing to. My regular doctor wont perscribe them.
  • Ooo, i'm saving this, my husband needs them!
  • Get the app "my fitness pal" is you have an android. Its a calorie counter and also tells you how many to eat if you want to loose ...whatever. I used it and lost 8lbs in 5 weeks. Could've lost 10 but I was a bad girl a couple days lol. Oh btw..its FREE!
  • wait so if u ask ur doc for diet pills he/she would give u some?? that eaasy!!??
  • edited September 2011
    I tried them and they worked great, I didn't feel all jittery and they gave me energy. I lost about 30 lbs before our wedding and kept it off. I was eating better and going to the gym as well but they just gave me so much energy. I work in an office with about 60 ppl so there's always preggos there, well let me tell you most of them come back thinner than they were prior to getting preggo thanks to this pill. I didn't know a I could get them from my obgyn, I paid $85 for a month supply. And agree with @rellybelly its best to take for at least 2mths to see results.
  • I want to try them, I have 90lbs to lose but I dont see my doc prescribing them for me
  • How did ya'll get doc to prescribe them? @juliansmommy @rellybelly
  • edited September 2011
    @kimberly4411- I didn't get a prescription there's a clinic near my house that sells them to anyone. You just have to pay the $85 for a one month supply. I'd love to be able to get a prescription so my ins will cover them because they are pricey.
  • I tried them. They are the best . I lost like 10 pounds in a week
  • @kimberly4411 I got them from a clinic, u have to be considered overweight..and I was after having my daughter. LOL It was really easy to get them, but if I can find an OBGYN that will prescribe them and pay less, I'm all over it!
  • edited October 2011
    Bump @naliibby2
  • How long pp are you ladies? Im almost 5 weeks so want to wait a little longer b4 gettin any pills. Oh an im in UK its £12.00 a week here not sure what that works out in $
  • Are these the pills that there was a bunch of bad press about like 10 years ago? Nick name phen-phen? Or am I mistaking them with something else?
  • I agree with katlilly, go the natural way, I'd be scared of taking any diet pills. I've lost weight before naturally just watching what I eat and exercising. You don't need those pills, I mean if you are watching what you eat by eating organic, exerciisng and drinking lots of water, why would you need these pills. I've had family members get really sick from taking pills, so you all be careful and remember any pill has side effects.
  • edited October 2011
    @lyndsay1983 I'm 7 weeks pp...and I've now been on the pills for 6 days and lost 4lbs!

@jwrnjjp I've had a hard time my whole life when trying to loose weight. Even with healthy eating and exercise. So I need something to give me a little umph. The only side effect I've had is dry mouth. Which doesn't bother me.

@nallibby2 @kimberly4411 yeah, I asked my regular doctor about them. And she prescribed them to me. My insurance doesn't cover them, but they were only $21 a month for me.
  • @rellybelly if you can get a doctor to prescribe them...I know my insurance didn't cover the pills at all. I went to Sam's club to get them filled and it was $21 for a months supply. Not too bad for not being covered.
  • @rellybelly what kind of clinic?
  • They work great especially if given with a b12 shot... And where I would go to get them they put me on a meat,egg,& cheese diet for the fitst 2mths... The jitters wear off after the 1st mth or so.
  • Here in Cali.. I got them 85 for for 1 mth supply but it also included a b12 shot.
  • Wow u guys get ass raped for that! My Dr gives adipex to ppl for a full month supply is 15$ but my mom is his rn so I get em for free :)