Does anyone know if WIC covers Alimentum??? OR coupons?

edited October 2011 in Babies Health
Gahh i finally tried my son on Alimentum formula and hes like a whole new baby! I havent bothered getting wic because Ive been just buying it since its not too expensive. I went to price alimentum today and holy crap! its almost 30 dollars for a 1 pound can!!!!

My question is, does wic cover Alimentum without a problem?

If anyone could send any similac coupons my way that would be amazing!

Comments

• Bump . I've never heard of that. Is that the one milk and soy free ?
  • No, they have an account with infamil, but infamil has their version of alimentum.
  • I wonder if u got a note from your pediatrition if that would help.
  • if you get a perscription(sp) from your babys doctor they have to give it to you
  • @proudmommy8789 I had a proscription from my pediatrician and they wouldn't give it to me but it might just be because I live in California. :(
  • My son was on Alimentum. They covered it in Oklahoma. We did have to have a doctors note though.
  • @monkey_girl wow that sucks! im sorry. i keep forgeting each state is different
  • Ya in NH they give good start as the formula. And if ur baby needs any other brand you'll need an rx from the childs ped also try your insurance a lot of medical insurance plans cover formula as long as its medically necessary and u have an rx.
  • Im in Ohio and I know they cover similac. Im just wondering how hard it is to get alimentum. My doctor hasnt exactly put him on alimentum but the soy makes him ridiculously constipated and sometimes projectile vomits on it while the similac sensitive for fussiness and gas still upsets his stomach and he wakes up screaming at night. I have health insurance I forget the carrier as primary and then i allso have caresource for my son and as secondary insurance.
  • Just make an appt. And talk with the doc. I bet he will be fine
  • Alright guys thanks for the advice it is greatly appreciated
  • They only give similac which has a version but with a scrip from your doctor they cover anything
  • i live in ga and my son was on that kind but he had a rx from doc for allimentum ready to feed and wic covered it
  • You can get similac coupons on ebay.
  • Some states u need doc note for a different brand