Dumb ass pediatric office!

A week and a half ago i took my newborn on because unsuspected he had thrush. And indeed he did. Today I called the pediatric office so that my son can be seen because he still has thrush and has finished his meds. The office confirmed my appointment for tomorrow at 1pm. At 5:30pm today the office called me and said that my son could not be seen because he has two insurances. Medicaid and blue cross blue shield. Medicaid is his secondary insurance. I was told that because they didn't except Medicaid that he could not be seen at all unless I cancelled his Medicaid. Like wtf! My son has full blown thrush for weeks now and he can't be seen because he has two insurances!? I'm so pissed off!

Comments

• Take him to the er. They will give you a rx for the meds
  • That's such a joke. If they don't take your Medicaid then blue cross blue shield it your primary and secondary. The insurance will know. Id be calling your insurance company. B.c.b.s. and asking them. I have the same thing and if a place we go doesn't except Medicaid then they just use b.c.b.s. good luck and I would think that's medical neglect bc you do have insurance. If nothing else and all else fails take him to the er or one of the walk in clinics.
  • I was so irritated with them because what they were saying didn't make any type of freakin sense. They knew from the get go he had two insurances now all of a sudden he can't be seen. Then when I asked about his appointment tomorrow she replied it's cancelled. My effing son mouth looks worse then before and he can't be seen!? Ugh
  • All they have to do is bill bcbs only. Are they retards. Did u make it clear Medicaid is 2ndary.
  • @kailasmomma05 yes! She said it didn't matter or some bull. Nothing she said made sense.
  • Take him to the emergency room. As soon as possible
  • I think I'm about to. He's getting really fussy and he keeps doing this weird thing with his mouth @janet_2011
  • Take him to the er
  • Take him to er call Dr back and talk to their billing person they would know more. I'm sorry what a holes.
  • Awww poor baby:( ugh i hate your baby's doctor. But you really need to take him to the hospital, they won't deny the care in the emergency room.
  • Wonder if i should be seen too. Maybe I passed it back to him. I called my doc so they coukd write me a perscription but My own doc wanted me to wait til my six week to come in.
  • You can put the same medicine on your nipples as you use in his mouth
    That's what my dr and baby dr said and just clean off your nipples after feeding him. And that's really stupid of ur drs office you should call and speak to the head nurse or dr. My kids had two insurances and they billed private one first. But take him to the Er and let them help hope he gets better soon.
  • You definitely want to get medication too, the thrush can pass back and forth between you two, even if one of you doesnt show symptoms. That alone would make me question the peds office, if they didnt know to treat you in tandem, the insurance thing just pushes it over the edge. Good luck mama!
  • If ur BFing, you need meds, too. My OB called in a cream and a Diflucan pill (same as the yeast infection pill, since that's what thrush is.) I didn't even have to be seen. I just let them know baby had confirmed thrush.

When you wash your nursing bras, pads, clothing, etc. throw some white vinegar in with the wash as it eats yeast.

If you are bottle feeding or using pacifiers, make sure to sterilize by boiling, dishwasher, or microwave sterilizer.

My last 3 babies (and me) all had thrush around the 3-6 week age.
  • IMPORTANT!!!! THE DR. WILL PUT YOUR BABY ON ANTIBIOTICS THAT ARE NOT GOOD FOR HIM. GENTIAN VIOLET WORKS IN A COUPLE OF DAYS AND COSTS A COUPLE BUCKS. ITS WORKS SOOOO MUCH BETTER TOO!!!! MY LAST 3 HAD THRUSH. GENTIAN VIOLET IS A FLOWER DYE THAT IS VERY PURPLE SO JUST DIP A COTTON SWAB IN IT AND RUB ON YOUR BABIES GUMS ,MOUTH AND TONGUE TWICE A DAY. IF YOU ARE BREASTFEEDING DO THE SAME TO YOUR NIPPLES. PROTECT ALL CLOTHING BECAUSE THE ONLY PROBLEM WITH THIS CURE IS IT TURNS EVERYTHING PURPLE. WORKS WAY BETTER, FASTER, AND SAFER THAN ANTIBIOTICS!
  • @whozdher his meds at gone and I pump.

@tizpear thats what I called my ob for and she said come in when I'm scheduled and take something over the counter

@rondala71 where do I find it
  • It is actually a federal law that no Dr wether it be at a hospital or office can turn you away bcause insurance. They don't have to except your Medicare, but they can't turn you down.
  • Is there anything I can do because they did denied him @blessedbe_x3
  • I would basically just tell them that you are going to file a complaint with the state board. What I dont understand is they seen him before.. right? And you had the same insurance. I'd call them back today n tell them to take Medicaid off your insurance list and to only bill bcbs. And if that don't work Google your state medical board n go from there.