question please respond.

edited October 2011 in Pregnant
So as most of you know. Ive been having a painful pregnancy. And i have tonz of contractions. Mostly bh. But my question is, what are the chances that these contractions are going to do anything by the time they start checking me in 5 weeks? I have lots of noticeable contractions but nothing timetable. I still have a little ways to go as im only 30+5 weeks. Im just curious on the likelyness of starting to make changes within the next few weeks. I wouldn't mind her coming a little early but ya. And which contractions are the ones that are making the changes? Any help would be great.

Comments

• I don't know for sure but I was taken off work at 31- 32 weeks for a similar situation. Tons of bh and regular contractions. The most it did for me was make my cervix soft. At my 36.2 appt a few days ago they said I was exactly the same as 32 weeks. No dialation or effacing. Since I have been off work and resting a lot more the pain I was in has gotten so much better. I know u have small ones you are tending too but maybe figuring out some way to rest more would help for you too.
  • I rest as much as i can. Sometimes im afraid to rest to much cuz i do want her to come out lol. I just don't want her out before December. So i will be happy if at 36 weeks he checks me and i am dialated some. :) with both of my boys i was checked around 37-38 weeks and was already dialating. And i never had noticeable bh/ contractions with them til labor. So i am hoping that with as much as i contract now that i will have something going on down there by then.
  • I haven't had a single painful contraction only bh and I was 40% effaced at my appointment last week, I missed my appointment this week so won't know anything until Tuesday. Still no contractions and I'll be 38 weeks tomorrow :(
  • You have two boys n pregnant with a girl? I never had noticeable contractions with my first two pregnancies (both boys) my last pregnancy (girl) was horrible. I started having bh at 30wks n lots of irregular contractions around my 37th wk. When I went in for my 37 wk check I was dilated to 4cm and 80% effaced.. so yes I believe they can make you dilate
  • @blessedbe_x3 thank you for the hope. Lol. Yes my pregnancies with my boys were so easy compared to this. But my bh started around 25 weeks or sooner. And i have tonz of irregular contractions. So i really hope when he checks me at 35 weeks i have something going on. :)
  • I think all the contractions will definitely progress you but that doesn't mean you will have your baby any sooner than your due date. With this last pregnancy I had tons of bh and a day before my due date I was sent to the hospital to be induced...I was already 7 cm dialated and my body just wasn't going into active labor on its own....I still think it is so crazy that I was more than half way to the finish line before I even started the race.