Question About The umbilical Cord!!

edited November 2011 in Babies
My lil man pee'd and some got on the umbilical cord( don't think I spelled it right). N e ways can I clean it??? And if so with what? Because I was told not to put anything in there....

Comments

• I was told achol 3 times a day. And make sure I pulled it up and got the bottom of it..
  • I was told not to either but after a few days I started using alcohol it helped dry it out faster and clean it. I would use alcohol.
  • Alcohol is ok to use but either way his pee is sterile so it wont hurt it!
  • Thanks you all :-).. so how long did it take before it fell off???;
  • My lo took about a week and a half.
  • I would just use water if you feel the need to clean it. My son's only took a week to fall off and I only used water to clean it.
  • It's been 10 days and still hasn't fell off. Hopefully here soon.
  • edited November 2011
    I was told not to use alchohal as it is to harsh on baby skin, that it was one school advice that showed to cause more problems than helped and just to leave umbillical stump alone and it'd be fine. I agree w bigbelly that pee is sterile. he should be fine. We used nothing on our and it fell off in 8 days.
  • ya no alcohol generally is needed. just wash baby like normal. pee is sterile so baby will be ok. my babys fell off in 4 days without using anything and about that length of time for my clients who use nothing :)