sleeping

edited November 2011 in Postpartum Health
Is anyone else having trouble getting their little one to sleep in the bassinet? Zachary just will fuss and fuss until I let him lay with me. I always end up falling asleep with him tho! Tonight my hubby got home and woke me up and was like why are you sleeping with him! So do you guys have any advice or tricks u used to get the baby to sleep in his own bed? Thankyou :)

Comments

• I slept with my hand in his cradle on his chest the first week or so
  • The bassinet was right next to my bed so he could hear me breathing. I would hold him until he fell asleep and then put him in, I would also put him in there throughout the day even while he was awake and he got used to it in about threeish days.
  • Oh that is a good idea to put him in it through the day. Thankyou guys for your help!
  • I got my girl a swaddle blanket and wrapped her in that. I also have vibration on her bassinet and turn it on when lay her down. I keep my hands on her body for a minute or so after i lay her down. She does better now, but i still have hard time laying her in it for naps, but she does sleep in it every night now.
  • My baby wont sleep anywhere at night but on me! Its so frustrating!
  • I think I'm going to pick up one of those swaddled blankets today it sounds like a good idea and I'm not the best at wrapping in the receiving blankets lol.
  • I wud jus co sleep, my son is 5 months old and I miss sleeping with him. He ain't a cuddle bug no more, he sleeping in the crib now and still doesn't sleep threw the night, he wakes up every 3hrs. So cherish the time u have that he wants to sleep with u. Cuz u will miss it.