*Tmi* Mucus plug, bloody show??

edited November 2011 in Pregnant
Okay Im 33wks, 34 this Tuesday and a FTM and Ive been steadily passing light green chuncks of what looks like and is the texture of snot for about 2 1/2 months now. I had Cellulitis at one point about a month and a half ago but took antibiotics and it cleared, then got a yeast infection, took a 3 day vaginal cream insert and it cleared also. So Im infection free and my OB checked me about 3 weeks ago and said the green discharge was normal since I wasnt itching cause green discharge means infection. Soo.. about an hr ago I passed a green chunk about the size of a quarter maybe a bit bigger, so I looked it up and it says it could be my mucus plug. I have no idea what that looks like or a bloody show or whats the difference between the two and when I should be having them. A little help anyone??? Thanks!

Comments

• A mucus plug is thick snot like discharge. Can be clear or have blood ting to it (if your cervix had been irritated by a check or sex) other wise a mucus plug doesn't normally have blood in it. The blood in a mucus plug will be old blood/brown or light pink
    A blood show doesn't come until active labor and will be bright red blood mixed with mucus. Mine looked like a clot and came when I started having consistant contractions.

You can lose your mp for weeks since your body continues to regrow it

Not sure what green means but if your dr thinks its ok then go with the dr and become concerned if it starts to smell bad
  • You loose your mucas plug and have a bloody show when your cervix is getting ready for labor. I had a friend loose hers at 23 weeks but no bloody show due to lack of water. Her dr made her drink a huge amount of water till she gave birth at 41 weeks. If your not having contractions nor leaking I would just take it easy then call dr tomorrow. Good luck ;)
  • Bloody show has blood mixed in with that snot stuff. You can make more mucus plug. I lost part of mine & my dr said it can come back. Bloody show usually happens close to your dd. It can mean your dialating.
  • @LittleFae @Mylittleman2011thank you guys for the info! Im bran new at this and I started to freak out a little so I will def give my OB a call tomarrow and see whats up. Thanks again!
  • @Pinkigirl I see. I think I am dialating because Im noticing the what Im passing seems to be getting bigger in amounts, although Im not completely sure. My due date is Dec. 27th.
  • I'm in labour right now, waters have gone and still havent had a show
  • @mums_the_word hm..wierd! Still could come I guess? Good luck!