Both breast...

edited November 2011 in Breastfeeding
When did you start offering both breast to your baby? When do you know its time to switch breast?

Comments

• I feed on one side for 15 minutes, burp, then switch to the other side. Been doing that since birth and my healthy little girl will be 6 weeks old on Friday.
  • I've been feeding with both breasts since day one. I let her feed on one till she stops then I burp her and offer the other.
  • Not sure... I feed on one side still between 10 to 20 minutes. Only once has he completely drained one side and acted hungry so I offered the other and he took it, ate for 8 minutes. I burped him, set him up in the boppy and a few minutes later he was throwing up everything everywhere... little dude ate to much lol
    He hasn't acted hungry since and when he's done he's done. He will be 2 months on the 28th and is a growing healthy baby.
  • My daughter is a month old and only feeds one side at a time
  • I was told to switch when they are almost asleep. Or at least offer it :)
  • @stephforever89 hmm. Thats interesting! Did they say why?
  • my son sucks one side down in about 10 mins and sometimes he's satisfied, but most times he's not. so i burp and offer the other, and he takes it gratefully lol if he takes just the one side, he'll eat again in an hour. if he takes both, he's good for about 3-4 hours. been offering both since 2 weeks old (he's 11 weeks now) when i got him back on the breast. he's only spit up once from too much boobie milk.
  • oh and as for knowing when to switch, he will unlatch and play with the nipple. i'll try to get him to latch a few more times, but he'll just keep unlatching and licking. lol so that's his cue to me to switch him.
  • No I'm sry.... :(