P90x vs. Insanity

I am about to start working out hard! I'm either going to order p90x or Insanity, I am now leaning more towards Insanity...but I want to know if anyone on here has tried either one and if you have gotten good results?

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited November 2011
    @ashelyfew really? I was looking at before and after pics for both and they make me lean more toward Insanity because the people look much leaner compared to P90x where they look more muscular, I've always preferred the leaner look. Did u get good results with both? Are they both on the same level in hardness?
  • Ive tried both, they are both really good workouts but p90x os INTENSE! You have to break a sweat. Insanity is more of a workout. P90x is like bootcamp...lol IT HURTS! Its soooo worth it though.
  • bump im wanting to know too I am tired of being fat... I watch my family do insanity and its intence ill need tostart off with p90x I think lol
  • @BabyBubba123111 So p90x is more intense?

@moodymommie I'm tired of being fat too! :-((
  • lol wait we need to clear up which is more intence bcuz I need to start with the less intense one I am SERIOUSLY out of shape
  • @ExcitedForOctober oh yeah! You will want to quit, trust me. I started off with something lighter before doing it though. Its called 30 min workout. Tony Hawk hosts it also. When I felt comfortable enough with it, then I moved unto p90x. Its 12 dvds for different parts of the body. I only used 2...lol
    Intensity is more for a new mom imo. I think that one has 10 dvds, not sure. Its more realistic for someone wanting to lose pounds and inches. P90x is more for someone who has been wanting this for awhile and wants to go hard. IMO
  • To me insanity was more intense. They both really kick your butt
  • @moodymommie Lol, exactly! I tried one of Jillians Michaels workouts about 2 weeks ago and I was dying...with the WARMUP!!! Not even kidding, I am way out of shape too #:-s
  • lol from what @babybubba123111 said ill start with p90x
  • @BabyBubba123111 yep, thats what I got from the before and after pics and videos, P90x looks more like people wanting to get RIPPED, I want to get lean and toned, thanks!

@kcike812 Did u get good results?
  • I'm sure I would have but only lasted about two weeks with both. Lol I preferred insanity though.
  • Wat r u guys talkin about? Lol. I'm lost but interested lol
  • @JsMyOnlyLove They are intense workout DVDs :)
  • I bought the p90x but I haven't started it yet. I started off on my treadmill on Monday I'll starting the p90x:) I hope it works.
  • @JuliansMommy My sister let me borrow her P90x today to see how I liked it and I did the arm and back workout and I couldn't even do the pushups!! Lol...my sister ended up calling me while I was in the middle of it to ask me how I liked and I was all out of breath lol...I'm like "I can't even do the pushups!" But she said she couldn't either and to not even try to do the crazy types of pushups they do (You'll see them on Monday!) until a few weeks from when you start so you can get stronger. Did u buy it for the 3 payments of $40?
  • @ExcitedForOctober lmao I know exactly what shes talking about. The ones where you have to clap in between the pushup are ridiculous. Youre better off with insanity.
  • with p90x dont u need weights??? i may be wrong never done it but i think thats wat i heard...i have insanity and it is hard...but i love it!! i'd still rather go to the gyn (for some reason)
  • You do need equipment with p90x
  • never did p90x but started insanity before i got prego. insanity to me is a non stop p90x workout. straight through, so if u can keep up then id go with insanity. good luck.
  • @Rosiepie Yeah you need weights, resistance bands or a pull up bar.

@btrflyqt85 I'm sure I won't be able to keep up with either for a few weeks lol! I'm soooo incredibly out of shape :-(
  • @ashleyfew Wow u lost alot of weight so fast! Thats awesome, I really hope it works for me bcuz its hard for me to lose weight since I have hypothyroidism
  • @ashleyfew- do you think its safe for me to start p90x? I had a csection and I'll be 8 weeks pp tomorrow, my dr gave me the ok to start working out at 6weeks pp but I'm not sure if she knew how intense p90x is .
  • I did both. Insanity is more cardio p90x is more muscle.

You can do either just starting out, you just have to stay at your own pace.

I preferred p90x though. I in no way was looking to get ripped but I wanted to tone and it did that more for me.

After this baby I'm mixing the 2. I personally thing that's the best choice.

Insanity doesn't really do Abs, so if that's something your looking for is do p90x the an ripper video is amazing!

Anyway they are both good. Just depends on what you want to get out of it!
  • @ashleyfew- thanks, I will do that:) I'm hoping to start tomorrow we'll see how it goes.
  • haha...well i never exercised before besides swimming and let me tell u... i was able to do keep up til they started with the jumping into squats. it killed my legs!