has anyone...

edited December 2011 in Pregnant
Been induced a week early because of babies size and the baby not been as big or had issues?

I am having to make the decision because they think he will be 10lbs.. just wondering if its happened to anyone else!

Comments

• My naby was suppose to be around 9 pounds he came out 7.15
  • It happened to my sister they said he was going to be 11 lbs and said he wouldn't fit so they talked her into a csection and he turned out to be 8lbs which she could of pushed out. Her Dr. Doesn't allow vbacs so she is having her 3 rd csection on the 19th which she hates having to recover fron
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Hmm...well I was taken in a week early because sons weight was estimated at 10.6! Dr wouldn't induce because she said would end in csection...my body was doing nothing ...and I had measured 5 weeks ahead since I was 16 weeks. He was 9.4...22 in. Our bodies maybe are. "meant to do this" but not all will. U know your body better than anyone else. Good luck mama
  • I was induced a week before cuz possible 10lb baby & bp, she was born 8lbs 2oz via c-section. Narrow pelvic bone turns out she couldn't fit so I couldn't push a 8lb baby out, that's y she never dropped. I never imagined not being able to push a baby out....u won't kno till u deliver since we all different.
  • I was induced two weeks early as they thought he would be over ten pounds then so even more full term but he was 7.13and tiny
  • I was induced per Drs request. He felt that if I waited too much longer I wouldn't be able to vaginally deliver, due to babys size. Which wasn't what pesuaded me to get induced, but he also said I probably wouldn't make it to the hospital on time and end up having my baby in the elevator (I was 7cm dialated and hadn't even started 'active labor') The fact that I had almost finished the race before even starting is why I went in. My baby was 8lb 15oz and everything went very smoothly.
  • I was induced bcause he was 7lb11oz at 36weeks I was induced 6 days early and he weighed 8lbs even. Everything went smoothly got the epi didn't feel anything had to be told to push. Pushed him out in 15mins. I had a almost pain free labor and delivery it was great I didn't even get an epi til I was 7cms and my water had been broken I only got the epi cuz they scared me they said nows ur chance if you want to get it and I didn't wanna wait to long lol hope everything goes well
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah. she kept measuring 2 wks ahead since 22 wks so we an ultraound and she was coming in at 9lbs 1 oz. when she was born she weighed 9 lbs 7 oz. dr said my pelvis was too narrow
  • They didn't tell me how big they thought he was gonna be just that he was big. It ended in c section and he was 9.8 pounds