question ladies lets be honest

edited December 2011 in Babies
Am I the only mommy who has always allowed their baby to sleep on their tummy? I did it with all 3 of my babies, I just fear them choking on vomit in their sleep. Plus my babies came home from the hospital holding their heads up. So who else does this

Comments

• I do, myself and six siblings were all stomach sleepers and we are all alive.
    Isaac sleeps better on his stomach, he sleeps longer doesn't startle and when he spits up it just comes out. I had him on his back one night he spit up and choked and startled awake all night long... yeah... he hates being swaddled.
    So, tummy sleeper he is, he has amazing controle of his head and his matress isn't soft.
  • If my daughter didn't love being swaddled and she liked it I woykd
  • My daughter started out as a back/swaddled sleeper but started screaming when I'd lay her on her back at 1 week old so I out her on her belly. She went right to sleep and sleeps that way now.
  • Nope, I do, my baby only swaddled & back slept at the hospital. My 4yr old nephew(who only would tummy sleep as a baby) makes noise that always scares & wakes her. So sleeping on her tummy she sleeps longer & more comfortable, she can lift head & turn from side to side since a week. I cosleep so I'm not as worried. I always say every baby is different & u truly have 2 learn your baby no matter what studies show.
  • My bby is a month old & has tummy slept since she came home. Everytime I tryed her back & she didnt want any parts if it. She sleeps in my bed tho so im less worried.
  • My baby will nap on her tummy but right now she us sleeping with us so she's on her back
  • My baby has been sleeping on her tummy since she was 2 months old....she, all of a sudden, hated sleeping in her back and every time I put her on her back she would wake up so I had no choice
  • Wow... I never tried my bubs on her belly but I commented earlier and said if she didn't love being swaddled so much I would let her sleep on her belly.... Well she was driving me nuts earlier so I put her down on her tummy.... Have had 3 hours of silence lol
  • Both my baby slept on there stomach and my daughter had bad GERD
  • edited December 2011
    My daughter is on her belly too. She doesn't like being on hee back either!
  • Malia is tummy sleepng right now.
  • Me... Thats the one thing I didnt listen to the doc about. But funny thing is my doc said off the record that her son also tummy slept then he wa as an infant. Shes now sleeps how every she falls asleep but I usally trun her on her tummy cause she sleeps longer
  • My little girl usually sleeps on her back but last night she didn't want anything to do with it or being in her pack n play...so we both slept on the couch & she was on her tummy.
  • I would lay my son on his back and he'd flip over onto his stomach. I told his doc about it and he told me that babies can't flip over (he did it from the time he came home!). Yeah, well..my baby did. I never worried about it.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • My daughter is 6wks & she has acid reflux, so she sleeps skin to skin with me on her side or tummy. It makes her feel better & makes bfing easier & calms my nerves. We are snugglers, & have been since she was a couple weeks old. She used to like to be swaddled those first weeks but then we couldn't get her to sleep unless she was snuggled with one of us skin to skin & my hubby doesn't trust himself, he's a heavy sleeper, I'm luckily a very very light sleeper.
  • my lo was having horrid gas and was uncomfortable on her back and belly, so I started propping her on her side with her teddy! I have the teddy's leg between her arms and her leg draped over his neck. I sleep the same way with a body pillow. She loves it now! She's also 4 months and can roll off of the teddy if she wants. She was always a stomach sleep until a month ago and now she mostly is on her back.
  • My baby is 2 months and I've been putting her on her tummy for about month. She all of a sudden won't sleep on her back for more than an hour. Now she sleeps for like 9 hours on her tummy. I'm glad im not the only one that does this.
  • My son spends most the day on his belly, it really settles him! If he didn't like being swaddled then I'd let him sleep like that at night
  • My son suddenly doesn't like sleeping on his back. But he sleeps 3-5hrs when he's in his tummy on my chest. I'm still too afraid to let him sleep on his tummy alone. He's 5 weeks old.