what do I do with it now!!

edited December 2011 in Breastfeeding
Well I have a great milk supply and pump whenever I get overly full... I now have a freezer full of milk that I dont really need as a shm because even if I do leave my daughter with someone its only long enough to use one bottle but then im full from a missed feed and need to pump anyway lol I thought I would try to do something good with it, but my state doesnt have anywhere I can donate it... So what the heck do I do now, I hate the thought of tossing it out...

Comments

• Wait! If you get sick and have to go on meds that force you to dump milk, you'll be glad you have it!!!
  • ya keep it if you can, its good for a long time in your freezer.
  • Yeah but out of discomfort I pump a feed worth every couple days so since my freezer is full what do I do with what I have pumped now
  • Keep it, xmas is round the corner and u might want to have a drink right and let ur hair down, plus I'm guessing u may have a household full of family that day so relax and let them feed baby with ur milk while u chill
  • I know you cam sell it online, so surely you'll be able to donate online. You just need a full health check to do it
  • Send it to me!! Lol I'm going back to work in jan and I fear I won't have enough saved in my freezer
  • How old is your lo? When they hit a growth spurt they can cat h up to your supply, mine did that and I no longer have extra to store
  • I think it's illegal to sell breastmilk. I could be wrong, but I'm sure I heard that somewhere. @homebirthadvocate
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @misskristin its not illegal. lots of moms do it but donation is preferred :)
  • Here I know they prefer women to get doctor's papers saying they are 100% clean before they can donate their milk (Not just hard stuff, even anti depressants and whatnot), but I also know A LOT of women just accept milk without even asking what the donor is taking. I've seen women let other women breast feed their children!! Personally I would never but to each their own. I have even met a girl who would feed her son breast milk from a donor that was on some anti psychotics... Okay sorry, a little off topic. My point is that some woman will go to great lengths for what is in some places described as "liquid gold" ANYWAY maybe talk too a midwife? They are in the phone books, and can sometimes at least steer you in the right direction because there are a lot of women out there who will do almost anything too feed their baby breast milk, even if it can't be from them. Definitely keep yourself stocked though! :0 <3
    So, so jealous lol
    I go to a lot of pregnancy groups and have met a lot of woman looking for donations of milk, so you never know. :)
  • I pumped the other night after not feeding for 5 hours.... I got 250ml... I think thats around 9oz... I only stopped because the bottle was full lol I would buy a deep freezer but I have no where yo put one in our tiny house. Im on no medications at all and I wouldnt donate if I was. I contacted human milk for human babies so hopefully I can find someone in my area who needs it.