thrush

edited December 2011 in Babies Health
So my babygirl has thrush it was so bad on her tongue and cheeks and was getting on her lips...so i took her to her pedi and she gave me nystatin and its working!!..its only been a day and its almost gone..I'm glad i took her in.

Comments

• Wow mine didnt work that fast. My lo tongue is still white! Its been about a week.
  • Yea i was surprised..r u doing it 4 times a day??
  • ...you gotta remember to wipe her mouth & gums...

My baby has thrush...but, the medicine works wonders...LOL..when she doesn't spit it out!
  • Yea my baby spits it out to but its ok for them not to take it all
  • @M_Star925 yep I am. Luckily her thrush doesnt bother her.

@OMFGimmaBABYDADDY I wipe her toungue & gums. I never got any meds in case I had it also so that may be why. I may have it also & im passing it back to her. Im askingy doc for antibiotics at my appt next week.
    Btw she spits her out too. Lol
  • edited December 2011
    @mimii36 I would call your doc and not wait. You need to be treated at the same time or it is pointless. I called my doc and he called stuff in without seeing me. My baby had a bad diaper rash but didn't have anything in her her mouth. She is being treated for both places and I am taking meds. too. My nipples were on fire! It is finally starting to work, two days later.
  • Yea it doesn't bother her so I'm happy
  • edited December 2011
    Ok...LOL

It would be odd...if you had thrush!...I'd have to see that...lmao

...&...yeah...I wipe my babys mouth, tongue and gums...with a warm wet baby towel..she likes like it wet...and warm..

..and it is pretty funny when my kid spits the medicine out...LOL...I've tasted it tho...its not bad...she just doesnt like to be forced!
  • Its possible to get thrush baby and mom can pass it to each other
  • edited December 2011
    @omfgimmababydaddy moms get it on their nipples not in their mouths. :)