Napping question

edited December 2011 in Babies
How do you all get your little one to sleep anywhere but in your arms? My boy will not sleep anywhere else. I will hold him till he is out out and then try to put him down and he is up within 5 min. This includes at night in his bassenet. I want to get him used to it b/c he starts daycare next month....

Comments

• edited December 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Idk...i have tge same problem...his doc said let him cry till he sleeps and hed get used to sleeping out of my arms I said no lol bump
  • edited December 2011
    I wait until.my daughter is totally knocked out then put her down. Sometimes she will wake up but if she was completely knocked out she usually goes right back to sleep. If she doesn't I don't pick her back up. Ill let her coo and make noises until she starts crying. Sometimes she'll just make the noises and go back to sleep. If she starts whimpering ill shake her bassinet a little and that sometimes soothes her back to sleep. Once she starts really crying then ill pick her up. But ill let her te all self soothing options before I pick her back up.
  • a swing! thats what keeps my baby asleep. she has to fall asleep in my arms too but i let her get into a deeper sleep and put her in the swing. for some reason, nothing else has been working lately, not even nursing her to sleep or wearing her helps anymore :/
  • Levi did that until i figured out he was a tummy napper and now an all night tummy sleeper! OUT!!!! :P
  • Thanks all!! Im just going to take it a day at a time... He is a fiesty little one but we have a couple weeks home till daycare starts.
  • We would let her get sleepy in our arms, then put her in the crib. Once she was there, if she woke up, wed put our hand on her tummy so she knew we were there, or stroke her nose gently. Eventually we would put her in awake, wake away for a few minutes, come back, touch her, or give her her soother. Wait a while, leave. Then wed just go in, give her the soother, walk away.
    Now, shes 6 months and we can put her in the crib and almost always just walk away, and she falls asleep on her own. Naps are between 1/2 hr to 3 hrs and at night she sleeps from 10-14 hours straight.