Duggar family- would you do that?!

edited December 2011 in Current Events
Pictures of the deceased baby were passed out at the funeral... I think that's sooooo weird! I maybe would take pictures to pack in a memory box but to pass them out to hundreds of people and now have it all over the internet? It's such a private thing to share and it could really be disturbing to children and guests at the funeral too... thoughts?

Comments

• I wouldnt do it..only because I rather be more private but I dont see a problem with it being done. If they would have passed them out through the mail or sonething then that would be weird. But I dont find it weird that it was done at the funeral. Its just like seeing the body.

JUST MY OPINION.
  • But it being a baby makes it so much more sensitive, let alone it being such a young baby. usually you have a choice to go look at the body or not, you know? With pictures being passed, it would be hard to avoid seeing the baby if you didn't want to or if you didn't want your children to see.
    I understand @Mimii36
  • I wouldn't do it. No one wants to see a dead baby...it would be too hard, too sensitive, to have out there.
  • No I wouldnt. But I can understand why some people would
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I read it was just the hands and feet... Which isn't bad
  • Yea I understand what youre saying. I definantly wouldnt do it myself.
  • From the ones I saw it was just the feet. It was tastefully done... On the other hand I cant stand these people. I get having a bunch of kids... no prob.... but these people are now putting thier unborn babies in jeperdy (sp)... its like they are trying to knock her up every season just to keep people watching. I am saddened that she miscarried, thats horrific for any family, but maybe it (along with the hell thier last child went through) is a sign to stop...
  • Which baby died the real sick one or did she have another???
  • The sick one is completely better I think, but she got pregnant again after that baby and it miscarried.
  • Never mind I just read about it n OMG such bs!!!! Her 19th almost died so wtf was she thinking? I'm heated .. X_X
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks!! @Molly
  • I think its bs too. Thats their perogitive to have that many kids but its rediculous in its self also. She had preaclampsia with the 19th so she knew the risk and got pregnant with #20 anyway. Not saying she deserved to miscarry in any way but she knew the risks! Im surprised her uterus is still functioning! I hate these people/show also.
  • I just saw the pictures and theyre tastfully done. its just the feet and a hand.
  • I just told my hubby about this. His comment was "anything for a buck."
  • Yeah she said she had it with like her third pregnancy and some other one. I think her age was some factor in it. shes 45 and yes shes pretty healthy and whatnot but hey it could happen to anyone. It happebs to women all the time wether it be their 1st or their 10th. its sad nontheless because no one should have to go through a mc especially that far along
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • IMO those pictures were harmless it read "there is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world" with a picture of a hand holding a lil foot n a lil hand on one it looked like a March of dimes campaign picture maybe I missed the picture u seen
  • @hot2cold87 not so much that they took them. I think its sad that its so public, IMO losing a baby is such a private thing. I chose to read the story and look at the pictures but if I was close to the baby, I'm not sure I would have wanted to see them.
  • I just saw the pictures. I actually like them. It was very tastefully done.
  • If i lost my child like that i would take the same pictures as they did.
  • They are a beautiful memory of the little one, it choked me up to see them. If I had to attend a funereal for my baby or a loved ones baby and those were passed around, I'd lose it for sure.
  • I had pr-e with my first and when I asked my dr what my chances were of having it with my 2nd he said only 5%. But, Im sure her body is well worn out.
  • Its just like an obituary the baby was a miscarriage how else would they share the memory of their baby in that form?
  • I always hear a lot of negative things said about the Duggar family because of the number of kids they have. I don't think they're doing it for extra money. They're very religious and I think part of their religious beliefs is that God will provide them with what they are meant to have. Whether that's money or 20 children. I don't watch the show, but have seen it and although I may not agree with their choices I do feel that they are a strong family. At least they have the means to take care of all of their children, not just financially but emotionally as well. I know a lot of families with only one or two kids that don't provide as much love for their children as that family does. As for the pictures I didn't think they were morbid or distasteful at all. If the baby was born living its just expected to show off pictures. If a baby is taken before it has a chance to live, that baby is still your child and you love it. I believe it would be a part of the grieving process I wouldn't want to keep my angel private. Unfortunately death is a part of life. It reminds us just how precious and fragile life is. Its sad that there is so much negative response over such a tragic event in their life. 1st child or 20th the child is still a miracle and the loss of a child is such an unimaginable heart ache that no one should ever experience. Ok, that's my tangent and 2cents worth on the subject.
  • I haven't seen the picture but as a mother it would be super hard to go I couldn't do it personally.
  • they are very religious (baptist not mormon) they do not need money from the show they own commercial property and make enough money to support themselves without any debt. She miscarried her second pregnancy and from then on she believes it was from using birth control and stopping god's plan for her they also obstain from sex for as long as the bible says depending on the sex of the baby