Infant hair care

edited December 2011 in Babies Health
This may seem like a weird question but my cousin has a 7 month old baby girl whos hair is growing in patches. Well a good friend of my mom's told us that used motor oil can help with hair growth and get rid of bald spots. Shes been using the oil for about 2 weeks now. Its only helping slightly. Do you ladies know of anything else we can use?

Comments

• I wouldn't think that's a good idea. There's a former member who always gave medical advice. I think that she may have an opinion about using that on a baby's scalp. Her name is medstudent1986. I'll tag her for you. @medstudent1986
  • I know it sounds rather far fetched. But we actually did see a slight difference.
  • You can try icy hot.. I heard that helps :)
  • I have never heard of that. Is it not burning baby's sensitive skin? There are cancerous chemicals in motor oil not to mention other issues it may cause. I hope it doesn't cause any issues :)
  • Really?! I'm gonna call her now! Thanks! But what exactly is in the Icy Hot that promotes the hair growth?
  • No it hasn't caused any issues. Te skin on her face is slightly more oily but other than that nothing. We've actually noticed a slight difference.
  • I'm not real sure.. a friend of mines great grandma swears by it.. ill ask her
  • Ok thanks. Do we need to mix it with anything like hair conditioner? We were mixing the oil with hair grease.
  • Nope no mixing. Just squirt it directly in the head and massage it in :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Ok I'll try it next time she comes or I'll call and tell her about it.
  • OMG... Seriously! LOL... You may notice a slight hair growth now but you'll see a bad case of cancer later by doing this ...

Motor oil is labeled by the government to be a " extremely toxin " it carries magnesium, copper, and other harmful chemicals.

Motor oil can create liver failure and a definite case of cancer.... Why do you think you're not allowed to dump it just anywhere.

OMG... Tell your friend to please stop ASAP.

Some babies go through a hormone change at 4 to 6 mons and will go bald.. be patient this will pass.

Always ask your doctor...
  • So she should shave the head and put the icy hot on there???
  • But will she get Cancer from the icy hot?
  • Does anyone else have an opinion on the icy hot? Sounds kinda painful to me.
  • I've never tried it personally but I don't know why her granny would lie? I would say just avoid the eyes
  • Ok so what I'll do is go ahead and tell her to shave all the hair off, apply the Icy Hot for a couple of days and if that doesn't work we'll just let the hair grow back.
  • How dare you! That was a really SICK thing to say!
  • Icy hot on a baby.. RMAO poor little babys! I've heard of No Pain No Gain but this is taking it to another level.

Imagine how icy hot penetrates the muscular system.. and you put that on your babys hair.... Please don't, that's the closes place to the brain.
  • edited December 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Ummm... I said I've never done it, just heard of it being done...
  • edited December 2011
    Icy hot has menthol and methyl salicylate in it .... Whatever happen to the idea that babies are delicate and sensitive.

Yall trying to kill them! LOL

ASK YOUR DOCTORS!

• @armahnismommy that was way harsh. I'm sorry @mturner.
  • I'm saying your a sick person TRYING to yet again make up some false ass story to get everybody rowdy. You have a sick mind I sure hope your not a parent smdh
  • I think motor oil and icy hot are terrible ideas but saying stuff like buy that baby a casket is just cruel. I don't use anything on Victoria's hair other than baby wash.
  • ??? Now I'm confused as hell.. lol.. sooo.. this is fake? I'm new to this site and damn.. I'm rethinking my decision to stay :/
This discussion has been closed.