Grammar Police!

Ok, Im sorry if this gets on your nerves, because I TOTALLY understand why it would. But I just have to get this out.

I dont care about starting sentences with prepositions, the use of who vs whom, or even spelling. Shit, sometimes stuff is hard to spell.

There are basics though. It makes you look very stupid when you use homophones incorrectly...

Your vs. You're

(That is YOUR dog. Vs. YOU'RE doing a good job.)

That is all for now.

Comments

• It drives me crazy!
  • Haha :) good one!
  • I always use ur :)
  • @Bambi, see thats a little different because that equates to text speak. I tend to assume you know its not actually spelled that way. :)

Another good one is there v. their.
  • Lol yeah I know how to spell. It's weird cuz it's a pet peeve of mine to see dis instead of this but I use cuz and ur and others that I can't think of right now lol
  • I use cuz a lot. It really is significantly shorter.
  • I hate stuff like that too. Apparently I spelled hysterically wrong last night and those girls had a good laugh about it for like 20 minutes.............. lol.

I thought it was funny that they ran out of things to say so they found a word that I spelled wrong and called me an idiot o_0

I'm so ashamed!
  • Their vs there but don't forget they're
  • I saw that. I dont think you spelled it wrong, I just think you were typing too fast and your letters got transposed. It happens...

That shit was so crazy though. I always feel like the voice in the background that nobody listens too.
  • I didn't think so either. I know how to spell hysterical and hysterically. At first I thought they were trying to say hysterically wasn't a word and I was like whaaa? :/
  • My autocorrect spells out words I'm not even trying to type... That pisses me off!
  • I'm so glad someone said something because this has been driving me crazy for months. Our & are get used incorrectly a lot on the forum too. Oh there's another one to & too.
  • @frantastic my niece does the are vs our crap and I wanna smack her everytime she does it lol
  • The sad thing is, I should be beind on grammar. I only took one year of english in high school, my other english credits were fulfilled with debate and journalism.
  • that chick CANNOT spell lol... English was my FAVE subject in school :) creative writing was my fave in college!
  • English was boring to me, but that may be because my school wasnt real big on any actual literature. Nevada schools are baaaaaaad.
  • Using the "q" instead of a "g" drives me nuts!
  • I loved english lol I was in AP English but math oh my... I suck at math. I was still in AP Math but I always cheated :)
  • @CaptainMorgaine omg you spelt "behind" wrong. You're done. Go to time out! :-W
  • HAHAHA... i HATE MATH!!!!!!! all these dang formulas for medicine administration is a pain in the butt lol but hey, someones gotta do it! lol
  • Oh damn it, where the hell did my h go?!?!
  • LOL I think it's funny that you say Nevada schools are bad cuz that's where my husband went to high school and I correct him all the time on his English. He always says whatever I got A's in English..... Yet doesn't know the difference when writing "as" and "has" drives me nuts! There's a lot of others he says and writes but that's the one he's horrible with!
  • edited December 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Old people who are senile kind of freak me out. Not like running around naked, flipping off little kids senile. Thats awesome. The sitting in a chair staring into the nothingness senile...makes me very uncomfortable.
  • I want in!!! fRustrated. there is an r in it. Shoot I'm from bean town and I know that! Lol
  • Annd likewise make FUN of does NOT.
  • I'm a certified grammar nazi :/ I get really annoyed with people who intentionally type words incorrectly or in that annoying mixed caps/lower case nonsense. If I have to sit there and try and decipher your sentences I will stop reading and just ignore you.
This discussion has been closed.