Screw It!! You win!!

F*** it! I give up! Its been 3 weeks that ive been trying to get this baby to take this bottle & she wont! Its already past time for be to suppose to go back to work and I cant. She wins the battle! Ill just stay out of work and not be able to pay my bills so my baby can just stay on my boobs all day! Hey we wont have a place to live but at least she will be happy right!? I'm beyond stressed!

Comments

• Aww that is a tuffy have you tried different nipples? Silicon one? Maybe the brown ones?
  • aww I'm sorry!! :( I hope you find something that works!
  • edited December 2011
    @ripkaydence YES! Ive seriously tried them ALL. Ive spent all my money on bottles. I know she has like 20! Ive tried every piece of advice I got from pregly..every google advice..everything! Nothing works. &the crazy thing is...she used to take them just fine. Now when its actually important...she hates them. Screams bloody murder. She will cry herself to sleep everytime.
  • My baby was the exact same way. She was fine, then outta the blue, no dice. We had to get other people to feed her without me around for a while till she caught on! I know how hard it is, I really do. Best wishes love.
  • @natashalynn we've even tried that. We left her with my sil one day and she fryer the whole hour that we was gone because she was hungry but she wouldn't take the bottle. Its extremely stressful at this point.
  • Do you warm the bottles? Im sorry I can't help my LO refused my breast after a month and preferred the bottle. We use tommee tippee anti colic bottles. I hope you find something that works.
  • @misspregger6989 yep tried that too. That's the only way she would drink it back when she was taking the bottle.
  • Dis u try a faster nipple??? Or maybe use a nipple shield when u bf for a few days then try again. Start with u feeding her the btl with her on u with ur shirt off so shes still getting the skin to skin then try with shirt on then to different ppl
  • dnt give up u have control
  • @Roxy I don't feel like it :(

@kindell I haven't tried a faster nipple because she wont even attempt to drink from the bottle. She wont even close her mouth on it. I even squeeze the nipple and squirt some milk in her mouth. It still doesn't work. She just screams. And ive tried the skin to skin thing also. I haven't tried the nipple shield tho. We have spent so much money on trying to get her to take the bottle and we are behind on bills. Its like we cant win for losing!
  • Im sry girl. I can send you a avent btl if you dont already have one. Try making your milk dry up. I know i know. But if she doesnt smell it it would help. Use cold cabbage leaves in ur bra. And dont pump or put any hot water on them and it should dry up in two or three days.
  • there was another girl on here with the same problem i believe she won : )
  • edited December 2011
    @kindell I did think about making my milk dry up as my last resort. I mean I rather formula feed than not be able to work. But im just afraid that if I let it dry up and she still wont take a bottle...well then what? I'm scared she will go hungry or either she will only drink after shes starving. & no I don't think I have the avent bottle.
  • Inbox me ur address ill send one. Id let it dry up but thats just me. Have u talked to her pedi?
  • Or try using a dropper its not a btl but if your running out of options.
  • @kindell no I haven't talked to him. I'm not sure if there's anything he can do. And I don't mind using a dropped but idk how the daycare I'm taking her to will want too. We just gave he some water in a bottle and she took it after she realized it wasn't milk I guess. I don't get it.
  • edited December 2011
    I had the same problem and finally just had to let my daughter get hungry enough she would take the bottle.... that's the only thing she will eat and take the bottle if she gets hungry enough. Good lucky hun! Btw I just noticed you posted something about water how old is your baby? BC water to soon isn't a good thing to give them!
  • My bby had the same problem, 1st day in daycare she only took 1ounce all day I hated it after seriously about 1 week and trying so many bottles she finally took Dr' Brown bottles. Dont give up she will be fine...gook luck msg me if I could be of any help.
  • Try seeing how long she will fight it. It will be tough to listen too, but I think eventually she will be hungry enough and give in. She can go a few hours without eating and it will be ok. Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    @momofsoontobe7 ive let her go 8 hours with no boob. She still wouldn't take the bottle! After that I gave in and gave her the boob because I could tell she was very hungry. She was sucking on hand constantly and only napping for 15 intervals. I started to feel bad.

@addrianna I'm just afraid daycare wont take her if they know she wont take a bottle
  • @laura536 I let her go 8 hours once. She still wouldn't give in and I felt too horrible to let her wait any longer. Today she went about 4. And she finally took a bottle of water but still wouldn't take milk.
  • Awe. Poor thing. It took me about a year and a half to get my daughter off of me lol.... I hope something works soon... and they will take her. They have been through a lot of kids and babies and some of the daycare workers have the magic touch! Just don't say anything if it comes down to it BC you have to bring in money that's a must!
  • Maybe let her get a few sips of the water and then switch bottles and see if you can trick her. I'd be scared to dry up too, she sounds so stubborn!
  • @momofsoontobe7 I was reading this forum for daycare Providers when I was on google looking for ways to get her to take the bottle. Well I ran across this Congo where the daycare provider couldn't get the baby to take the bottle because the mother hadn't got her bottle trained yet. Omg...the things these people were saying was so cruel. They talked so much sh*t about the mom. The daycare provider eventually told the mom she couldn't keep the baby anymore. Its was terrible.
  • When do u go back to wrk? Try if u can leaving her a couple days few hours each day and get her use to the time away, I so know how hard it is I cried everyday until we found the way to feed her...GL
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @momofsoontobe7 some of the things being said are very ignorant IMO.

http://daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24812
  • What about the adiri natural nursers baby breast bottle Google it it looks a lot like the breast
  • @ashleyfew I just posted the link on my comment to momofsoontobe7