What is everyone's plan??

edited March 2011 in Giving birth
I have one sone and I am almost 16 weeks with the next baby. I had my first baby natural. No pain meds... nothing... I'm very scared this time around! It was sooo painful but I will attempt to do it natural again.
What is everyone's plan? Epidural? Natural? C-section? Midwife? Whirlpool?

Comments

• edited March 2011
    Every medicine, drug(legal or illegal) to make that pain disappear for my vaginal delivery. Lol
  • hahaha! Well said! I was going to do the epidural but I am scared to puke... not that all do so, but I don't want to take that chance
  • NATURAL! I think its the best way to go you appreciate the process more well that and my very wonderful husband who kept me strong for my first and In oct second dunno what I woulda done without him.....
  • I'm ttc but if I am blessed with another child I want to try natural because I heard the second baby comes quick?!
  • I have to have another c-section, unfortunately I will never have the joy of natural childbirth. :(
  • My sister had one and they stuck her 7 times in the back before they gave up now she has spinal headaches no way for me
  • I puked with my first epidural but not my second.... They scare the shit out of me, but nothing bad happened. I have to get another c section. Not by choice...
  • Awe, I'm sorry to those of you who have to have c sections....
    Natural isn't fun either! Trust me... but I guess it does connect you further with your child.
    Good luck mommy's
  • Im no hero epideral all the way!! I get really bsd back labor. I have previa it has now moved to partial, if it does no resolve then I have to have c sec:(
  • The epidural and potential long term effects freak me out. I want to try natural. Women have been doing it for thousands of years, I think I can, too. But ill take pit if I'm in labor forever. Mom said that we were all induced, but no epidural for the first two of three births.
  • i'm going natural...i don't trust anyone w/ my spine lol i understand they are suppose to be professionals but they have malpractice insurance for a reason....i wanted a home birth or water birth but that they don't do that where i live now, i had known that i would've stayed in moncks corner #-O
  • @Jwigs I will say, and not to freak you out, that the pain is awful! haha
    Up until they broke my water the pain was moderate... tolerable... but hurt... once they broke my water (they did that at 9cm) the pains were like a butcher knife being shoved up my vagina! ahhh... if they would have broke my water earlier I would have had drugs! Hopefully my water doesn't break again this time around! haha
  • Ha! I have no doubt the pain will be horrendous! but I'm hoping I can bear it. Hoping.
  • Good luck... me too!
  • Im going 2 the best hospital around here the same 1 I had my first 2 kids at. Im getting an epidural I had an epidural with my first 2 also and never had any kind of problems after. My doctor cuts me cause I dont open up wide enough down there and 4 that reason I dont want 2 try a natural birth. Sorry tmi
  • I'm not messing around....I've watched the baby shows and see those women going crazy.....I'm ready for the epidural in the eighth month :-)
  • @Mrs_Boyd hahah that made me laugh!! I watch the baby shows all the time too :D
  • I'm going for the water birth... I'm looking into birthing centers at my hospital and will travel to do it... I love the water and think that will be the best, most natural way for me...
  • @heatherstarr11 The first one I watched, my husband was having no part of it....but after I told him they fuzzy the yuck out (and you cant see any who-ha), he watched with me. Then he asked if HE could get an epi, too. Silly man :)
  • Mine will include a hospital, an ob, an epidural, and anything else modern science has to offer No desire to lay there in agony drenched in my own sweat screaming. I want the drugs! all that was just confirmed for me after reading what @heatherstarr just said, ouch!
    @jwigs Yes women have been doin it for thousands of years, but the mortality rate was 50% for women in labor.. eek.
    I'm having phantom vagina pains just talking bout this.
  • hahaha all of you crack me up :D
  • I will have an epidural and whatever else! Planning on another vaginal delivery. If I end up needing a c section they better knock me out LOL.
  • I would like to go vaginal with an epidural but right now I'm placenta previa and I'm looking at a c section if it doesn't correct itself. :( I deffffff hope it corrects itself :-S
  • I want to go natural. If I can help it, this will be my first and last child. Pregnancy has been pretty rough for me and I only want one kid anyway. Hubby already has 3! I don't want to be induced either. They have whirlpool tubs at the hospital I'm going to, but I'm not sure if they do water births. I think they're there to comfort and relax you during contractions. If they do water births, I'd be all over that :D I heard its really nice... well, as nice as birth gets anyway :) I'm also blessed with wide hips, so hopefully that will make things easier too.
  • Honestly I have no idea. The idea of any option scares me!!!
  • "Hopefully" natural, with an open mind to another medically nessecary epidural, with a CNM in the hospital. :)
  • My birthing center has the pools for laboring, not for birthing. Hopefully it will help! Part is the reason I don't want drugs is so I can get in the pool and walk around. No IV gives more freedom.
  • I'm goin natural all the way!
  • I WANT TO GO NATURAL FOR AS LONG AS I CAN. HEARD ITS PAINFUL BUT HOPEFULLY I CAN STAND IT..
  • I had my daughter naturally (not by choice), I almost cried when they told me I wouldn't be able to get my epidural! I had been on pitocin for hrs and the pain was excruciating, the only thing that kept me going was the thought of getting my epi, so when that didn't happen.... Needless to say, this time around, I wanted all the drugs I could handle! But it looks like I'm gonna end up with a c-section this time because I'm carrying around a linebacker! I'm not all that disappointed, I just want my son, and if I can avoid labor to get him (and get my tubes tied in the process) I'm ok with that, lol. God bless all of u "natural by choice" mothers!