Mother in law's & rice cereal (Vent)

edited January 2012 in Pregnant
So I planned to start my daughter on rice cereal today and I was super excited about it. I asked my hubby to pick up some and he comes back 2min later with a box of opened cereal. Clearly he had not gone to the store. He had gotten the box of cereal from his mothers house. Apparently she has been giving her the cereal behind our backs in her bottles for who knows how long. I'm so upset. I didn't wanna start her on any foods until she was a least 4months and I especially didn't want to put the cereal in her bottles. Not only has her pediatrician told me I shouldn't do that the research I've done says its not good to do it either. I get that mothers do it all the time and their babies are perfectly fine but the point is it wasn't her decision to make. I wanted to be the one to give her her first taste to something besides formula and she took that away from me. First's are a very big deal to me. Then the part that really gets me is that yesterday I told my mother in law how excited I was about starting her on the cereal today and this is what she said, "Oh really? Did her doctor say it was okay?"!!!!! Like she hadn't already been giving her the stuff! Then my husband was super in-supportive when I did give it to our daughter today. He kept saying smart comments while I was feeding her the cereal. She wasn't use to the spoon and kept trying to drink it like a bottle then got fussy when I took the spoon away to get more cereal. So he says OMG you are spose to put it in her bottle(his mother says) why is she crying, see, she's struggle, you should have just put it in her bottle. So the cereal feeding session I was so excited about was just irritated me! And its not that I think my MIL is a dab or mean person because I really don't she helps out a lot with my daughter I just wish she would back off. And I wish my hubby would grow a pair and stop being such a mama's boy. This isn't the first time something like this has happened. I tell him his mother and grandma should give our daughter some of the things they have and he agrees with me but never says a word to them. I'm trying to be calm about it but there is only so much I can take.

Comments

• Oh no I would be so pissed.I'm so sorry :(
  • O man I would be pissed to! I am sorry that the mile stone you were looking forward to was taken away from you momma! I would confront her and tell her that from now on all those choices need to be run past you first! That what she did was not acceptable! And that crap wont be tolerated!
  • Yea id be very pissed! Idk wat I wuld do n that situation
  • I would be PISSED as well! I have been there. I'm sorry this happened. Some mils..I swear..
  • ugh..now i'm kinda dreading going back home lol...i had problems with hubby's mom when she came to visit in hawaii and pretty much pushed on him to let her live with us. i can only imagine now with Kairi around >.< not going to be good
  • Also, it sounds kinda like your husband has known this was going on...because he knew to go there for the cereal...he needs to be on board with what you want , because your the babies mom!
  • I would b so pissed, i would seriously tell her off then tell my husband off. i dont let my mil feed her Or change her diapers and when she wants to see her she needs to ask. my hubby & i live with her.
  • @Ashley_smashley i agree with what u said. He sure did know that his Mom was feeding his mama was feeding the Baby cereal. I wish my husband would come home with a box of opened cereal....Ooooo Weeeee!
  • I probably would never let the MIL have the child unsupervised (by me) again. That's a huuuuge problem to me. Yeah, it's a "first" you didn't want to miss, but she could've harmed your baby by doing that. Who knows what else she'll do? Esp if hubby is just letting her do as she pleases, and hiding it from you. No way jose!
  • @ashley_smashley idk where people get the thought in their heads that it's okay to do as they please when it's NOT their kid! Oh it pisses me right off. Lol if that were me and my future MIL (even my own mother) that would be the end of it. *Especially* if my fiance had been hiding it from me! He'd get torn a new butthole. Thankfully, we're on the same page with these things, and my mom doesn't even so much as prepare a bottle without asking if it's ok first. (We are staying at my parents right now, and so we're with his mom all together.) It's rather annoying, but completely okay imo, to have them tell you what you "should" be doing, but you should be doing what you're comfortable doing...not what they want you to do. They had their turn! Haha